Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys please excuse the really newbish question but I am curious about something... i bought a 95 stang from a guy who swore up and down it has never been in an accident blah blah blah for dirt cheap cause the motor was shot... anyways I had it jacked up yesterday and noticed that he rigged the front bumper on with a zip tie and the reason was because there is a metal brace (dont know the exact term) where the front bumper bolts to under the car. The front bumper bottom has like 3 or 4 holes I believe that bolt to this brace and I am praying it is a replacable part because it is clearly bent and about 3 inches away from the bumper on the passenger side but it lines up perfectly on the driver side... can somebody please clear this up for me? is that metal brace replaceable and what is the exact name of the part? any help is appreciated thanks every1 :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
get a pic please...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
sounds like you're talking about the bumper when you say metal brace....the bumper on the outside of the car is actually a bumper cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
that brace might be part of the radiator support. Does it look like anything was cut off and sanded, or repainted? You can always shoot over to a body shop and ask them. They might be able to help ya out but also a pic would help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry guys i havent had anytime to take pics and without a garage its pretty hard to take a pic at night... anyways I THINK its the radiator support which would be fine I guess cause its cheap but is there any metal frame that the plastic bumper bolts to other than the actual metal bumper or radiator support? whatever peice that the plastic front painted bumper connects to underneath the car is whats f'd up and could damage to that piece also influence other parts of the body to shift or bend?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so i finally got a pic and after researching and cmoparing pics and stuff I am 99% its just a little bent up radiator core support which doesnt appear to be serious and almost looks like the owner before me ran up on a curb too high or something gotta love the zip tie to hold on the bumper (they did it not me) what do you guys think?
</a>

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yes its bent, time to take it to the scrap yard where mustangs belong

·
Banned
837 Posts
half the cars I see in my shop have a zip tie somewhere on them , doesnt look too bad , could have been some dumbass tow truck driver at one time or another just slapped a hook on it instead of hooking to the control arm or something that wouldnt tear stuff up

·
Registered
811 Posts
dude i bent mine a lil bit like that just by pulling up to a parking block that for some reason set like 3 inches higher than the others. i just jacked the car up and bent it back out. and have had no problems with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts