Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 mustang V6 5sp. The shifter wont go to the right, meaning over to 5th and reverse. Is this an easy fix or is it fragged?:dunno

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I took a quick look at the manual for the 99 Mustang. The whole shift linkage including shift forks is inside the transmission. I suspect it's not engaging one shift fork, but all the parts for that are on the shift plate assembly.

Fixing it would require removing the transmission. If you plan to take it to a transmission shop, you should let them check it out before you take the transmission out or just let them do the whole job.

R&R of a manual transmission from under the car is a difficult job, but doable if you have some mechanical skills and rent a transmission jack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast responses. I will definetly make some phone calls to local shops.
I was wondering if any one would know how much a rebuild would cost.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thanks for the fast responses. I will definetly make some phone calls to local shops.
I was wondering if any one would know how much a rebuild would cost.
I don't know, but likely it won't need a complete rebuild, just disassembly of the shifter linkage to replace damaged parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts