Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this week I ordered my MAF, my throttle body and spacer, x pipe, and aluminum driveshaft. Ill prolly order my headers next week. My question is with these things and the mods in my sig...am I done with my bolt ons? did I miss anything?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man...thats nice to hear...but hard on the wallet. heh.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
Looks like your ready for H/C. Thats if you already have the cobra intake.
x2
I've already completed all the external bolt-on stuff (check my garage). For H/C/I I have DIY-ported E7's/stock cam with Crane 1.7 RR's/DIY-ported stock intake with 1/2" spacer. Nice torquey combo.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey bullitt...you think its worth porting the stock heads? how difficult was it to put your RR's on?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
hey bullitt...you think its worth porting the stock heads? how difficult was it to put your RR's on?
You could probably gain 20-25hp by home porting the stock heads but since there's a wide choice of aftermarket heads, I think you're better off taking that route.
I only ported mine because I had a blown head gasket 6 months ago, so the heads had to come off anyway and I just used the opportunity to gain a few HP.
The RR's were a piece of cake to install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
your never ever ever going to see 25rwhp on ported stock heads...

save for aluminum heads and a custom cam..

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
your never ever ever going to see 25rwhp on ported stock heads...

save for aluminum heads and a custom cam..
Agree about saving for aluminium heads, but you can get a lot more HP out of the stock E7 heads than you might think. I was talking crank HP by the way. Aftermarket aluminium heads should yield at least 40 crank hp and a 40lb weight saving.

·
Registered
297 Posts
After the bolt ons I was thinking for H/C/I: AFR 160cc/Comp Thumper/Cobra Intake. and ideas?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
AFR are good heads...i have twisted wedge and they're nice..but i think the holly is a great intake..especially if you had it ported

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
After the bolt ons I was thinking for H/C/I: AFR 160cc/Comp Thumper/Cobra Intake. and ideas?
Depends on what rpm you want maximum HP and TQ, and the maximum rpm that you want to rev the engine to. Give us some numbers and we'll choose the parts that'll deliver.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
AFR are good heads...i have twisted wedge and they're nice..but i think the holly is a great intake..especially if you had it ported

Unless your strocked and blown there is no need to port the Holley, it will flow more than enough for a typical HCI. In fact it might even be to big for most combos.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hoping to keep shift at around 4800 maybe. I really don't know much about engine building, and the only "racing" i do (fictionally, of course ;) ) is on the interstate when pesky camaros come up next to me lol. Well, I'll probably take it to Tulsa for the Midnight Drags a few times. Other than that, though, it's all street. Does that help at all?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey mustangfu, Im moving up to OK in a few months...(College) we need to get together and hit up some races. Ill be in ok city.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nah. OCU private school in the city.

·
Registered
297 Posts
oooh. OCU is a good campus, I have a few friends there. When you move up we'll definitely hang out sometime, I'll show you the good places to eat :p

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sweet. I was up there a lil while back, I chilled in bricktown for a while. Any good tracks in relatively close proximity? Hows the street racing up there? Are the coppers insane? cuz there seemed to be a large amount of them when I was up there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The street racing is actually really good, depending on where you hit. Usually south of the city on I-35 there's a few Z06's that walk on people, I've seen a couple cobras running around too. I'm not sure about tracks around OKC but the Tulsa Raceway is absolutely awesome. They are hosting the Mid-America meet there, too. I'm ready lol.

I live right in the center of Tulsa and OKC, about 45 mins from each. If you need any help gimme an email sometime ([email protected]).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts