Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there another way to lower my car a little more besides new springs?

i have koni raceing springs on my car and they lower it 1.5 all around i was wondering if there is anything else i can do to get it lower besides getting different springs

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Take the spring isolators out, but it might make some noise and ride rougher

·
Registered
189 Posts
X2 balljoints lower it a little bit i think. like 1/4 in.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
cut 'em:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
throw a big bitch in the back...:dunno

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
+1 on removing the spring isolators...

·
Registered
609 Posts
^ lol..thanks for agreeing with with me :)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
put u about 5 cender bloacks in the back,that should weigh it down, as far the front cut them lol....................but i would just get rid of the insulators

·
Registered
139 Posts
i'm thinking of upgrading my supension over the next year.

shock/struts/coil over springs package
sway bars
ball joints
rear upper/lower control arms
subframe connectors
strut tower brace
caster/camber plates

in the meantime (ie: until i get the money) can i just cut a little off my stock springs? if so, how much should i cut to get a good 1.5ish drop? while that make it ride like complete **** until i get the new ones?

·
Registered
171 Posts
me personally I would just live with it instead of going through the work of cutting them (and running the chance of messin them up) just to replace them in a year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yah, i just like the look and can't wait for it. although the reason for the upgrade is better driveability i know. guess patience really is a virtue. haha

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
low profile tires and a mach 1 lip makes the front look alot lower

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
lmao...man i wish i took pictures of my stock springs vs. the frpp c springs...there had to be about a 3 inch difference between the size of the springs. After install, maybe a 1 inch drop. I'll post up pictures tomorrow of how it looks....probably a billion pics of this setup but whatever.

so in other words DO NOT CUT YOUR SPRINGS!!! I thought for a while that cutting them would be a cheap mod, but man screw that crap!!! If you want a squishy swaying ride thats dropped, go ahead and do it.

I put the bullitt suspension package on my 04, i love it! yeah it doesnt drop the car much, but thats not what i was after....i wanted the car to handle....before i felt like i was going to fall out of the seat, now i feel like i can actually hug the corners.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i cut my springs an luckly i had anoter set laying around,cause it was bouncing like hell in the back ,so i put the stock back in the back without the insulators,the cut front ones are still in

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
how is the ride with the fronts cut? a staggered look wouldn't be bad
dont be cheap and just buy the springs...your talking about $200 for springs, or used less than $100. Plus with the amount of work that goes into doing the springs, why not just do it right the first time? Cutting your spring greatly reduces the effectiveniss of the springs, causing more stress on your struts...plain and simple.

Not my car, not my descion...go ahead and cut them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts