Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
If it has no issues with the drivetrain, and hasn't been smashed than i say yes. Give it a thorough looking.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what i was thinkin. i talked to the guy about it and he said its not been wrecked and has a clean title and has just been sitting in the garage for a while cause he never has time to drive it. and highway miles isnt as bad as city miles, right?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
No, not at all, but people always claim to have highway miles on higher mileage vehicles. Not that I'm saying that the guy is lying, but be wary of what he says. I think that you're on the right track by getting a 4v.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks decent. If he has dyno sheets ask to look at them. Make sure its not one of the lemon cobras from 99.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just bought myself a cobra as well. It came from a dealership, and if you look at the intake manifold, there should be a green dot on it if ford had repaired it. I have like all of the documents from the 4v I have. two dyno sheets, it made somewhere around 260 before and ****... let me find that sheet... yeah, after the repairs it went up a bit to like 280ish. It looks awesome, and for the price, I'd say go for it (with a thorough investigation of everything before sealing a deal)

·
Registered
722 Posts
i bought mine with about the same amount of milage on it. got mine for 5500. id go for it as long as everything is running fine and checks out

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. i'm always wary about buying a car with a lot of miles on it but you guys make me feel better bout it. ill be sure to check the car out really closely and he wants me to drive it so ill get to see if it really runs good or not. thanks for the help.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Those suckers, even at that mileage, are still up in the 10-13,000 dollar range in my parts. As long as there is no major valvetrain issues (points at car's odometer), and you can get it for 10K, I'd say it's a good deal.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Those suckers, even at that mileage, are still up in the 10-13,000 dollar range in my parts. As long as there is no major valvetrain issues (points at car's odometer), and you can get it for 10K, I'd say it's a good deal.

+1:yes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts