1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I found one on there for 2900, same kit. i believe ajm pieced together a whole intercooled kit for less than that

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the whole reason this one caught my eye is it comes with a tune so I can run it still... And was that a new kit? Or used and all

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Na it isn't intercooled but you can get a intercooler kit for 250 off ebay...and that's actually a lil more expensive...its 3200 buy it now

·
Registered
588 Posts
hell yeah!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice deal! ****, now I know where to go for a kit!! :D Great deals!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lmao! ^apparently he thinks it good...I was just gonna get the V-1 for now and run it 8lbs and when I got bored intercool it then when I got even more bored change to some ported heads and cams and up it to 10lbs....

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AJM? Where you at come in here and give your thoughts lol...boostang? Baker?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
02, thats the kit i was going to get until i decided to put the money towards other things for now.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
For a couple hundred dollars more, I was going to get the v-3 kit from superchargersonline. That was about a year ago though, so I don't know what they run now. No hole in the pan.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed that guy a long time ago...the one you posted and he gave me a number to talk to him bout the kit but I lost his number.... But the one I posted looks to be the same kit...but like $200 cheaper...

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
AJM? Where you at come in here and give your thoughts lol...boostang? Baker?
Buy the kit and ill trade you my v2 with 10k miles on it for the v1 :D.

Its a great deal if youre looking for a new complete kit. As for an intercooler (i think someone mentioned one) dont bother with that kit that is $250 + $50 shipping on ebay. Its a great kit, I think turbo has it?? BUT its no different than buying an intercooler separate for 75-100 w/ free shipping, and then buying the pipe kit separate for 75 + 25 shipping. Saves you $100 or so in the end.

It all kinda comes down to what you want to do such as buy a complete kit vs build your own. The main advantage I found about building your own is what you pay for the junky vortech intake, discharge pipe, etc you could have a power pipe and intercooler.

The factory vortech intake costs $215, you can get a power pipe for that same price, I think the MPH one is actually slightly less?

The factory vortech discharge tube assembly is $199. For the same price or slightly more you can go intercooled.

The whole tapping the pan vs not tapping the pan is just preference I guess but all in all it doesnt effect anything. Simply punch a hole, pack your tap with grease and tap the hole, clean the hole out with some lacquer thinner or similar to clean off the grease, put some black rtv on the freshly tapped threads and the brass part from vortech, thread the part in, change the oil and youre good to go.

Then again you could always get some of those killer trickflow heads with some hitech cams :p

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i honestly like the v1's.. but i like sirculating oil more than oil sitting there.. but a few of my buddies run it with no probs. but that is a good deal.. i might just get it my self:D
bahahahaha. jk

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
your going to want the ic...as ajm said...i got the ebay one...complete with shipping for 250.00 was a steal and all mounted up perfectly.....you won't regreat that purchse....
here are some pics..kit before the fmic..

after with pull thru...

i did switch to a blow thru for drivability reason, and now it looks like this...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
cxracing.com.
same kit!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pull thru? Blo thru? How would I do that? And how does it affect driveability.... I mean I get the concept.. Pull thru means it pulls the air through the inter cooler meaning it's still getting warmed by the heat from the blower... And your blow thru gets blown from the blower thru the intercooler into the engine...but how's it affect driveability?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts