Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new spydershaft and now getting a very strong vibration up thru my Husrt shift above 70. Does this sound like a DS problem. The vibrations really make a racket. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
yep time to adjust your pinion angle. First try taking it off and rotate it 180 degrees and try again. If not then you will need an adjustable upper control arm to set the pinion angle.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
The shaft could contribute to it, but the Hurst's have neen known to rattle. Make sure none of the bolts on the Hurst as tight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to the shop today. Will look at all of your suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Like KBCharged said its Pinion angle, I went through this fro months, telling myself it wasnt the angle when in the end it was. You should get and udjustable 3rd link and cure it as ASAP, if not you'll prematurely wear your pinion seal and have a slow and steady leak. These car are particularly finicky with this, as they dont like the standard pinion angle they need to be more neutral than previous gens, I dont know why.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I also forgot, you need to play with it tho, at the track a little downward pinion is desireable for bite, if you dont have enough you wont hook up, I'm talking a difference of 2/10ths in a 60' for me, its just something you have to play with, and trust me you'll get the procedure down to a T after a couple times, I just use a giant set of channel lock pliers, the suspension needs to be at full droop so you can hae enough room to work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also forgot, you need to play with it tho, at the track a little downward pinion is desireable for bite, if you dont have enough you wont hook up, I'm talking a difference of 2/10ths in a 60' for me, its just something you have to play with, and trust me you'll get the procedure down to a T after a couple times, I just use a giant set of channel lock pliers, the suspension needs to be at full droop so you can hae enough room to work.
Great advice. What rear tires are you running at the strip. I am looking at M&H DRs 325/45/17s. Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I run the mickey thomspon ET street bias ply tires in 26x11.50x17. I've ran plent of 1.6 60 foots with those but I'll soon be running a 125 shot of nitrous and I'm thinking I might need to step up to a 15 in wheel then. I hope not tho cuz that's just more money I really dont need to be spending. HA:eek:

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
youre goin 125 with that nytrex set up huh?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well the plan is to do a 100 shot but I've got a feeling that its not gonna give me the times I'm looking for so we'll step it up accordingly. I'm shooting for about a 1 second drop, that'll put me in a category not a whole lot of legit street cars are in plus I'll still be getting my 24-25 mpg highway mileage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts