Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, or if you didnt i ruined my 8.8 rear end hitting a curb a few months ago. Ive been lookin around for a rear end that i could swap into my car for fairly cheap that already has 3.73 gears in it. Well i found a '89 fox on craigslist that had the rear end i wanted, but he was asking $800 for the car (ill post his ad) and didnt want to part it out, just wanted the whole thing gone. well its been on there for months and the price came down to $500. So i called the guy, and he told me the only thing the car is missing is the engine and tranny, which is ok cause all i need is the rear end. I asked him if he would take offers on the car and he would. But, he said he has 2 other hatche doors, an lx, and a GT hatch, extra hood, and quite a few other miscellaneous parts. He said he'd give me all those parts plus the car for $500, or he'd take an offer on just the car. Keep in mind the car is 100% complete aside from the engine and tranny. I'm thinking about offering $350-400 for just the car, and i know he'd take it cause he's dying to get rid of it. Only problem is i dont work during the winter (im a lawn service dude :) ) and ive only got enough spending money to buy just the car for $350-400. is that a good price? i was thinking i could part out the interior/lights/other parts and sell them. What would you all do??? 1989 Mustang Gt Roller

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I cant see any thing in those little pics. I cant tell if its missing fenders, with mix matched parts, or if its rusty or if thats just a faded red. Normally id say thats a good price for a roller ?

What color is the interior ? If its black, ill buy a few pieces, and im sure others on this forum will to.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
If the rear end is good to go, then it's totally worth it IMO. Sell the what parts you can then take the rest to a junk yard. I think you can actually make money parting it out.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, he had bigger pictures last time it was posted. Just called him again and he's gonna send me some better pictures tomorrow. the drivers side front fender is taken off but comes with the car. And the body is a faded red. Not sure what color the interior is though... Now when i asked which gears are in the rear end he said he wasnt sure. He said either 4.10's or 3.73. I really want the 3.73, the 4.10 are WAY to tall for the highway driving ill be doing. to tell which ones they are, the ring gear will the stamped right?

·
Registered
474 Posts
BUY IT!!! try 400 if not tell him i got 450 the most i can do because i have to tow it with a buddys truck pay gas bla bla bla.. I live in Orlando and go to Tampa for parts, thats about 1-2hrs worth driving so you know what i tell them? I say hey i know you want 500 but can you do 400,i live in daytona beach thats 1-2hrs straight opposite LOL! They usually say yes i swear it works man lol. Buy it,sell what you can,keep the computer and harness (never kno) and trash the rest of it..

·
Registered
474 Posts
OR spin the tire,have a mark on one end of the tire and have a mark on the driveshaft. Spin the tire until it hits one full rotation,have someone under the car count how many times the driveshaft spins. If its a little under 4 spins on the driveshaft till the tire makes one full rotation, thats 3.73's. If its over 4 spins on the D/S, thats 4.10's...

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OR spin the tire,have a mark on one end of the tire and have a mark on the driveshaft. Spin the tire until it hits one full rotation,have someone under the car count how many times the driveshaft spins. If its a little under 4 spins on the driveshaft till the tire makes one full rotation, thats 3.73's. If its over 4 spins on the D/S, thats 4.10's...
jeez.. i feel dumb.:facepalm: I knew that, lol. thanks, Ill do that! off topic, but i see you have a toyota celica. what year? you lilke it??? i thought about getting one a while back

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
How to figure out what gears you have without taking your rear end apart.

Jack up the rear of your car. Mark your tire and mark the drive shaft. Spin the tire ONE full turn. Count how many times the drive shaft spun. If the drive turned

2 3/4 turns = 273
A little over 3 turns =308
3 1/4 turns =327
3 1/2 turns =355
3 3/4 turns=373
A little over 4 turns =410

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea that was my EX gf lol. It was a fun little car and handles 100x better then the stang. I miss that car now its sun faded and **** you know how girls are LOL!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Damn too bad your far from me otherwise I would buy the roller off you after you take out the rear

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn too bad your far from me otherwise I would buy the roller off you after you take out the rear

Im not even sure im gonna get it, like i said ive got bills over the winter with no job... But i NEED my toy to work!!! lol. and thanks a bunch ryan for all the possibilities lol.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea that was my EX gf lol. It was a fun little car and handles 100x better then the stang. I miss that car now its sun faded and **** you know how girls are LOL!
yeah, i grew up with 3 sisters and no brothers... ya'll know how that went lol

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Im not even sure im gonna get it, like i said ive got bills over the winter with no job... But i NEED my toy to work!!! lol. and thanks a bunch ryan for all the possibilities lol.
If you were closer for 400 I would bought it and just have you the rear out of it. I can't find any clean cheap rollers near me.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you were closer for 400 I would bought it and just have you the rear out of it. I can't find any clean cheap rollers near me.

that'd be awesome if we were closer. maybe you could just drive down here, get the car, drop the rear end off at my place, and then take the rest home! haha

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
that'd be awesome if we were closer. maybe you could just drive down here, get the car, drop the rear end off at my place, and then take the rest home! haha
Haha yeah that's a bit far. And I'd have to borrow my buddies trailer and for the price of diesel these days it would wind up being the same price as finding one around here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts