1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
That is a decent package price but I would never consider putting that size tire on the front. Your car, just my opinion. Tirerack and Discount Tire has good prices on packages as well. For reference, those Sumitomo tires are cheap, I have the same tire but a 315 on the back of my 02GT and they've only been on for a few months but I'm not a fan.
Unless you have some strange exhaust system, lowering your car 1 inch should not cause any exhaust problems. There are things that hang down lower than it does.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well originally i was gonna do 275s in the front and 315s in the back but 315 tires are WAY to expensive...why, do you think they would rub?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I just don't like the look of a steamroller up front. I have 245's on mine and I think they are too big. American Muscle has the Sumitomo 315 for $140 and various rim/tire packages with those tires. I can not say if they will fit on a 94/95 but the 315 fits fine on the 99-04. There is usually an american muscle person on these forums, you can find him, look in the vendor section http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/american-muscle/, or just call them and ask.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like the big meaty tires so i can get more traction

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 225s are cracked and starting to go bad so decided to upgrade them now..almost lost control of the car yesterday, yikes

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
i like the big meaty tires so i can get more traction
Those Sumitomo HTR tires are not going to solve any traction problems. I got the same traction with my 245 Generals Exclaims then I do with the HTR 315. Like I said, I've only had them for a few months and only been to the track once with them so YMMV. I'm sure ANY new tire of any size and any price will get better traction than your old shitty dry rotted ones but that's not an apples-apples comparison.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a pypes catback and the car just looks bad to me up that high so i wanna lower it...i hope it doesnt scrape, as long as i go down the driveway at an angle and slow i dont think i should have a problem

·
Registered
44 Posts
dude i wouldn’t worry about scrapping my car is lowered with long tubes and i roll over speed bumps no problem unlike the gay lowered honda's that have to hit em at a mad angle...only time ive scrapped is pulling out of my buddies drive way n it was steep as ****

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright good because i was worried about scraping since my exhaust hangs alittle lower idky..but only going to drop it an inch and a half and put bigger wheels and tires should handle much better..would i have to worry about my tires scraping the fenders?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
With a wider tire like a 275 up front you're most likely going to run into rubbing issues but what allot of people don't say is that a tire that wide tends to increase wondering.. which is where your car drives itself or grabs grooves in the road allot more which sucks.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what size would you recommend for the front? i still want 275 in the back

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I would recommend 255's but it's your dime. I just know I got tired of the wondering **** and only go up as large as 255's in the front.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
would 265s do the wondering thing? do yu think?

·
Registered
778 Posts
315's fit on my 96 with no rub on either side. And i have 275's in the front and it does increase wondering and it's annoying as hell, if the tires weren't basically new I'd be tossing them and getting 245's

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
would a 17x9 wheel fit a 255 tire?
Yes I have fr500's that are 17x9 with both 235's (looks gay as **** but fits fine) and 315's and 255's fit the best meaning a little bubble on the side to protect the rim from curb rash.

315's fit fine on sn95 mustangs in the rear but on a fox it's a different story

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was going to do 315s in the back but got to looking at the prices for tires and decided 275s will have to do...which brand tire is a good one to buy? i already know i dont want kumho or falken

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I have 4 Falken ZE-512's on my stock 91 and had them on the front of my 88, no complaints for the price.

My suggestion with tires...
- Find tires that cost as much as you want to pay and get them.
- 20 people will suggest 19 different tires.
- Some places offer free shipping.
- Call around to local tire places and compare prices, make sure to ask for the total out the door price, I avoid NTB, Sears, Merchants because in my area, the installation costs are INSANE.
- If you are buying a package wheel/tire deal somewhere you will be limited to what they offer.
- If you buy tires and rims separate, Wal-Mart auto centers will mount and balance walk-ins for like $10 a piece.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts