Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this is the Vortech V-1 S-trim that i bought, now i had no speculation that this wasnt the right headunit for my 04 GT but i showed it to a buddy of mine and he swears up and down that its not....

some clarification?

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
depends if it's CCW or CW.. it looks like it would fit based on what I saw but it's rotation is what dictates whether its compatible.

EDIT: my gf beat me to it

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm well i got it off ebay. seller said it was on his 99' GT. there isnt any dead giveaways? i have pictures from any angle you could think of if it helps.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Needs to be CCW
guess ill have to see, this thing is take TEN YEARS to arrive if was shipped on the 28th via usps parcel from nevada (L.A.) to Virginia. man i cant wait haha but the last thing i need is someone telling me i bought the wrong headunit

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll need a 00-04 bracket iirc too
yup, i have a bracket, oil feed/drain lines and thats it haha i need everything else other than that. Also the seller said it comes with a pulley attached to it is there any way i can tell which size or whatever it is?

figured when the headunit arrives i would buy everything else, probably gonna call Mr Kurgan about this package deal on the blow-through maf, injectors, and fuel pump.

what size injectors would be the best bet for me? looking for about 380-390 rwhp

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Kurgan has a good fuel setup for you then. He has his own pump setup I believe. Best guy to call 'round here.

To get the pulley size.. I believe it says on the pulley itself. If not measure it!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
yup, i have a bracket, oil feed/drain lines and thats it haha i need everything else other than that. Also the seller said it comes with a pulley attached to it is there any way i can tell which size or whatever it is?

figured when the headunit arrives i would buy everything else, probably gonna call Mr Kurgan about this package deal on the blow-through maf, injectors, and fuel pump.

what size injectors would be the best bet for me? looking for about 380-390 rwhp
Find a used set of 03/04 cobra injectors(39lb) or some frpp 42's, both will work perfect. and the best way to figure out what rotation it is is to just call vortech when you receive it, give them the numbers they need off of it and they'll tell you.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Find a used set of 03/04 cobra injectors(39lb) or some frpp 42's, both will work perfect. and the best way to figure out what rotation it is is to just call vortech when you receive it, give them the numbers they need off of it and they'll tell you.
see i was originally going to go with the cobra injectors off AM or used i dont really care as long as it works, but Mr. Kurgan posted on my last thread something like this "why buy injectors with a spray pattern for a 4V" or something like that and kinda made me veer away from them lol he also suggested 60lb pound injectors, figured he knows a **** load more than me so....

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
60lb injectors are extremely over kill, they will handle about 6-700whp on pump gas. and the spray patterns are the same, if you buy 60lb injectors they dont sell them for a 2v or 4v head, so putting cobra injectors in your car will have no ill effects and lots of people do them. a 39/42lb injector will handle 500whp which is way more than a stock shortblock can handle. save yourself some money and just buy some 39/42's. should be able to find a set for around 150.

·
Banned
345 Posts
60lb injectors are extremely over kill, they will handle about 6-700whp on pump gas. and the spray patterns are the same, if you buy 60lb injectors they dont sell them for a 2v or 4v head, so putting cobra injectors in your car will have no ill effects and lots of people do them. a 39/42lb injector will handle 500whp which is way more than a stock shortblock can handle. save yourself some money and just buy some 39/42's. should be able to find a set for around 150.
really??

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

·
Banned
345 Posts
hmmm...you sold me used 39lb cobra injectors for my 2v a few years back. Never mentioned that they shouldn't be used on a 2v.

Many people use them without an issue and it doesn't seem like there are tuning issues.
If you noticed, i QUOTED SOMEONE who said there was no difference in the spray pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is something i was not aware of before... I dont know everything and learn something new every day.. People smoke cigarettes every day and live long lives, but i wouldnt advise it..

For some, its all about the money.. cheapest route is always the best.. If i were buying new, i would spend the little extra and get 60s because you can never have enough HP..

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The video talked about using them in a Chevy and washing down the cylinder walls. I am not an engine builder and will probably use the wrong terms but wouldn't that be more of a problem with direct injection since our injectors mix with air before entering the cylinder?

I also watched one of the other videos. One set of injectors stopped spraying as fuel pressure was increased. I don't think I'd want them in my car.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Kurgan has a good fuel setup for you then. He has his own pump setup I believe. Best guy to call 'round here.

To get the pulley size.. I believe it says on the pulley itself. If not measure it!
+1

I'm going with the kurgan pump, not many.ppl seem to have feedback so I'll try it out and let y'all know!!

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
The video talked about using them in a Chevy and washing down the cylinder walls. I am not an engine builder and will probably use the wrong terms but wouldn't that be more of a problem with direct injection since our injectors mix with air before entering the cylinder?

I also watched one of the other videos. One set of injectors stopped spraying as fuel pressure was increased. I don't think I'd want them in my car.
The issue isn't so much Ford or Chevy, it's 2V vs 4V. Google 4V intake ports and you'll see an ovaled port with a vertical divider wall leading air/fuel to individual intake valves, hence the split spray pattern. The split pattern will spray fuel onto the intake port's walls in a 2V application where there is only one intake valve. I think that using split pattern injectors in a Chevy LS series motor with cathedral ports would amplify the problem though.

Modular 32V intake port:

Modular 16V intake port:

Chevy LS Cathedral port:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
ok so since i guess i was wrong on the cobra's, i would still not advise 60's as they are extremely over kill for a stock bottom end car and you could get a set of 42's and a fuel pump for the same price as just the 60's, and 42's like i said will handle atleast 500whp. get some frpp green tops if you're worried about the cobra spray pattern. but since i've never heard of this difference in spray pattern before and yet as soon as you post cobra injectors forsale they usually sell very quick to people with similar setups, I would have zero issues running them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts