Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought my stang with this CAI aready installed:

Mustang GT Cold Air Intake at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

and was just wondering, for $85 is this a quality product?? I mean i kno its a step up from stock but lets say i had a lil extra cash and wanted to replace it with a BBK or a Steeda CAI. Would i b wasting my money? What do u guys think?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
If you already have that CAI, I think the only gains you might get would be with a better air filter.

I'd say your money is better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
978 Posts
^^^ +1. use the money for other mods!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
CAI are purely for aesthic value. some ppl say to get a plastic one cause they retain less heat. thats dumb. They make no difference whether they are made of plastic, metal, or peanut butter. Just get the chrome one that looks coolest.

In your case id say to save the cash. you wont gain anything in terms of performance. if you want some chrome to look at then go ahead and get the BBK.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was lookin at BBK, the one i have looks pretty much the same tho. i have pics in my garage. i mean its a good lookin system but the filter on the one i have is just so small and CAIs by K&N, Steeda and BBK are ALOT bigger. Which seems like it would b more effective? idk
just a thought.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
dont waste your time with boltons.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wat should i waste time on bro?!?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wish i had the cash for rims :(

im seriously considering a tuner tho.

suspension??

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
tuner. find out what your local shop uses (probably diablosport or sct) and get a handheld and just plug it in yourself and you'll feel a decent gain. then down the road when you get more stuff get it dynoed by your local shop.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im deff gonna get a tune.
for suspension u mean like subframe connectors, control arms, bumpsteer kits??

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
im deff gonna get a tune.
for suspension u mean like subframe connectors, control arms, bumpsteer kits??
You only need the latter if you've lowered your car at least a certain amount. The amount varies on whether or not you're into corners or straight-line only.

But yes, SFCs for sure, definitely a good set of LCAs, after that it really depends on how you use the car.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh ur right.

im not to psyched about suspension, i'd rather go faster xD
im thinkin LTs and mid-pipe next

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha nonsincicle hu? Ok ok fine.
Wat about a strut tower brace.. Worth the money?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Haha nonsincicle hu? Ok ok fine.
Wat about a strut tower brace.. Worth the money?
not as a starting point. get it when you need it. try to balance you purchases. get some thing that ad power, get something to support it, get power, get supporting mods, and so on, and so on. All upgrades are great just try to keep a nice balance of things.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts