Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autocraft Titanium is the type of battery that's in my car. It has a sticker on it that says 07... So Im assuming this battery has been in my car for roughly 4-5 years. My car has recently been stalling sometimes when Im coming to a stop and engage the clutch and the rpms drop and just drop all the way to 0 and the car shuts off. Then the first few times when I go to start the car back all the stock gauge needles bounce to the max and back, and it just clicks and wont turn over to start. Sometimes it will usually start up after a few tries. and a couple times I had to actually remove the ground off the battery and once I put it back on, the car would start up. But everytime it wouldn't start it would just click and the guage needles would just bounce back and forth. Could this be caused by needing a new battery?

·
Registered
34 Posts
could be the battery is done...i would have it checked along with the alternator...my optima lasted 7 years then poof...one day it was good...next dead

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went to autozone and had them test the battery and alternator both passed... The man there said sounded like it could be the ground going to the battery could be loose or not getting a great connection. He said if it was something with the electrical wiring of my car where I hooked my aftermarket tach gauge up, that the car should be throwing a check engine light. Any opinions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts