Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was looking at how my fenders line up with the doors, and on my passenger door the fender seems bowed out more or something. Is this typical with this year mustang? or do i have to re-align the fender? Sorry about the small pics you have to click on ill get photobucket tommorow. Its really bothering me :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Pimp
664 Posts
Id say its normal, my driver door is like that. Think its due to the door so long and heavy and being open and closed??? I have no idea.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get a chance could you link some pics so I can compare? It's so annoying):

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks alot man I appretiate it! It's not cool not having your ride I feel your pain.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
I can't get my driver's side front quarter panel to line up properly. I either get a gap at the door or along the hood. It's kinda irritating. It's never been wrecked or hit anything... just a slight fitment problem.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mine looks almost identical to that. I have also wondered about this being a problem or not.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dearborn Assembly

Now you know why Ford moved Mustang production from Dearborn to Flat Rock, Michigan. The problem isn't actually assembly as much as the lack of critical quality control in the weld fixture of the whole cowl.
I built my car from a salvage and had the same problem on the driver's side. I hung and re-hung the driver's door and fender trying to get the same alignment as the passenger. I figured it was in the welded cowl section I had to install, until I took the car to shows and compared. Every Mustang I looked at was different. My 03 was worse than some of the 99-02 so I figured Ford's tooling was getting worn. You are not alone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts