Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2007 Ford Mustang GT premium with a 5 speed 4.6.

Vista Blue with white stripes, done to Stage 3 Specs By M&M Ford in NH.all Genuine Roush stamped Parts
The car has 23,500 miles, driven in good weather only and stored in heated garage always. The body is extremely clean and straight, Roush Polished Blower with all the good stuff.
Magna-Flow catted X with roush packs,Roush short throw shifter,pedals,carbonfiber Dashboard and doors,all Roush suspension, springs,Shocks Sway bars,18" Roush chrome wheels with Goodyear F1 Supercars tires,Roush 14" Optional brake upgrade ($2200) Spec stage 2 clutch.smaller blower pulley SCT software tune ,runs great 415whp a real head turner anywhere you go, show qulity car! with Roush cover. This car new is $55,000 a great deal at this price. What would you say a great price for this is???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of what I heard M&M ford is one of the only dealers in NH that is roush certified. Im only worried that these arent a high market since its a clone. Thank you.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
If you like your Stang you like your Stang!!! Is it worth it to you?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well im trying to figure out if these are a hard resale car since its just a clone. And just trying to figure out what the market price would be on this

·
2,139 Posts
Chances are you are probably going to mod it, so I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I know I sure as hell wouldn't pay 55k for that new, used IDK.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What is the seller asking for it? Ebay and Craigslist are good places to research market value. My brother recently sold one of these for something in the low or mid 20s, but I can't remember what exactly it was, 2009 I think, and definitely blown and nicely suspended. He's an auto broker and sometimes his customers are desperate though.

·
2,139 Posts
If you eat sleep and drink Roush Mustangs, then It isn't worth it. If you like the car as it sits even though it isn't a Roush then it is worth it. Cars are a bad investment!!!! Buy it if you like it and think of it as a loss, then have fun with it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Its a damn nice car but, I picked up my 08 with 20k on it fully loaded 5speed for 17 out the door. I don't see how you would possibly ever expect to get triple that for the same model just modded. Like I said though its very nice, if you like, take it home! Since its a clone I doubt you'll ever get much more then the kbb value of the acual model though :(

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
when it comes down to it everyone has already said it. it's only worth what you're willing to pay & since it's in reality nothing more than a modded GT i wouldn't give more than 22k even with the mods & condition.

here is one with a whipple and quite a few other mods. stock body pieces except wheels for 16k. WWW.S197FORUM.COM

this is why people say modded cars aren't worth anything extra just because of the mods

·
Registered
134 Posts
If the car is an titled as a GT, then it is worth what a GT is worth. Depends on the situation when you get rid of the car. If you are looking to make a profit, na. If you are looking to buy as a collector car, na. If the price is right for you, buy it.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
If the car is an titled as a GT, then it is worth what a GT is worth. Depends on the situation when you get rid of the car. If you are looking to make a profit, na. If you are looking to buy as a collector car, na. If the price is right for you, buy it.
I agree and disagree.

I sold my 97 Cobra for a **** ton more than a stock Cobra is worth. There seeing as I have bought and sold/traded 4 cars since joining MM a year ago (and everyone of them was sold above high kbb value) there will be certain buyers who will pay more for a car that is complete and built versus doing it themselves. Only problem is that you deal with a lot of dreamers when you're selling a car like that. When I was selling my Turbo GT I had people offering me 9k because it was an 01. They seemed to disregard the tens of thousands of dollars in documented work done to the car. People like that get told to eat **** and get hung up on.

Here's my stats so far (its like a game to me :D)
1997 Cobra -bought 9k Sold 12.5k
2004 Lightning Bought 12k Traded for a car worth $15 ish
2001 Turbo GT ($45k in documented build) Traded for a 66 Worth 17-18k
1966 Mustang Coupe - Still driving but have been offered north of 18K for it. Also many trades worth around $20k.

I got an itch to sell the 66 buy a Termi and bank some money but I love this car more than any other. Call me a dick but I hunt for people who are desperate to sell their cars (for whatever reason) and get great deals. All in all I'm ahead considering it all started with an Acura TSX i bought for 8 and sold for 12.1 Only car with major issues was the 66 and it was only a couple grand to get back on the road except it took a month lol.

So In short, you could end up breaking even or making money or losing money, just depends on how good you can sell and your total investment in the car. There's a buyer for everything trust me. But like everything else its a gamble, all in all thought if you like the car get it, like others said.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
so what's the price of the car? i saw you said it was $55k new, but that car's not a real roush and not new.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I know you can get a gt500 for 32k. So if I'd spend it'd be on that. Not a used clone reguarless.

Even though they are both diamonds per say, man made diamonds are worthless then natural ones...

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
I might give 25k for that Roush... Not a penny more though. If its any more than that, just save and go find a GT500. Or find a 17-18k nice S197 and just use the other 7-8k on mods for it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts