Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys like always I want to ask as simple questions. Do you think this is a good deal.

P1SC Procharger setup for 99-04 Mustang GT with mounting plate
15k miles on the unit
one owner
No leaks, no shaft play

Pullies: 6, 8, 10 lbs

Fuel: No fuel pump but has 39lbs injectors

Full piping with 2 core procharger intercooler
bypass valve with hoses

Lightning 90mm MAF

so too my knowledge basically a complete kit just needs a fuel pump and a tune.

The seller is asking 2500 shipped

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Not bad. I've seen them cheaper

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks shaun. I was hoping you would stop by and give your two cents. The guy has been really helpful and reliable and I feel comfortable dealing with him. But, if it isn't a steal I might just pass.

I forgot to ask him where he had placed the maf on his setup. I am just looking to just pay for a tune.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
American Muscle is high. Installers will usually give you a better price than that. Still, I don't think that $2400 is a bad price for nearly complete kit. I know that there is a $1500 supercharger thread out there but most people appear spend around $2500 piecing together a used kit.

The MAF assembly is located in the passenger side fender well on a standard ProCharger installation.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to get a steal. I think I am going to hold off or slowly start piecing a kit together. That way it is easier on the finances

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Not bad, but not a steal. Try talking him down to like $2200.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
meh kinda high IMO...I had to ship a blower kit and its kinda pricey though...I guess it's around fair.

btw 99-00 and 01-04 mounting plates are different.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
meh kinda high IMO...I had to ship a blower kit and its kinda pricey though...I guess it's around fair.

btw 99-00 and 01-04 mounting plates are different.
Thanks for the heads up.

I tried bringing him down but he didn't want to come done any. I will keep searching for the right kit. If not, I will be piecing one together or going new by the end of the year.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
99 is different. 00-01 are the same.
Yea, 96-99 use a different bracket because of the 3 bolt timing cover. 00-04 use the same bracket, 1 bolt timing cover

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I just wanted to get a steal. I think I am going to hold off or slowly start piecing a kit together. That way it is easier on the finances
If you search you might find better deals and piecing together a kit doesn't require as much up front money. But I think you should be careful in what you buy. An old saying comes to mind: "If it appears too good to be true, it usually is."

You've been on MM as long as I have so you've seen the same number of false starts as I have. There have been several guys who started buying parts and then, through a variety of reasons, never finished the build. Money tied up in parts just sitting in the garage. I recommend you save enough money to complete your build before you start buying parts. That way you know you can finish and if an emergency arises then you are not the one selling parts at bargain basement prices giving someone else the steal.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you search you might find better deals and piecing together a kit doesn't require as much up front money. But I think you should be careful in what you buy. An old saying comes to mind: "If it appears too good to be true, it usually is."

You've been on MM as long as I have so you've seen the same number of false starts as I have. There have been several guys who started buying parts and then, through a variety of reasons, never finished the build. Money tied up in parts just sitting in the garage. I recommend you save enough money to complete your build before you start buying parts. That way you know you can finish and if an emergency arises then you are not the one selling parts at bargain basement prices giving someone else the steal.
Very true.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts