Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Sway bars are the final thing you should do when you're doing suspension.

Leave your stock bar in, bigger =/= better. More bar up front will just make the car more prone to understeer.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I was thinking about making my car handle even better with bigger sway bars in the back and front? Am I wrong?
Yes.

If you want the car to handle better, you can't just throw parts at the car like that. Suspension works as a system, as such, you need to make sure all your parts match.

Before you go swapping parts, there's a few things you need to have taken care of first:

1) Get the best tires on you can afford. All the suspension, brakes, and power is worth NOTHING if your tires can't handle it.

2) Get the best shocks you can afford. Shocks keep your tires on the pavement. Tires off the pavement are tires that have no grip.

3) Get full length, weld-in subframe connectors. Spending a lot of money to dial in suspension geometry is all for naught when the chassis flex thows everything out of whack as soon as you put some load on it.

Once you've got that taken care of, THEN start looking at parts. I suggest starting with a set of caster-camber plates, and then addressing the rear suspension. Really depends on your budget, though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dang dude, thanks.. So start with tires and rims first, correct? This site has provided me so much information just over the past few days! Thanks, dexter!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
dang dude, thanks.. So start with tires and rims first, correct? This site has provided me so much information just over the past few days! Thanks, dexter!
I wouldn't worry so much about wheels, unless yours are currently undersized for the amount of rubber you need, or they're really heavy (like the chrome pony rims on my 5.0... 16x7 wheels that weigh 23+ lbs? No thank you!), or you just don't like the ones you have.

And no worries, man :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts