Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Saying that is like saying you don't feel bad about a soldier getting killed, or a cop getting killed. That could be said about anybody who does something dangerous or where they know they are taking a risk. If there was nobody that was willing to take a risk there would be no society as we know it. These Journalist provided a service, much more so than some shitty reporter.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

When the Horseman of the Apocalypse mounts his steed and sets his sights to ride upon your fields--you must answer and not with rhetoric and drones. Allen West.

Mr. West nailed it on the head.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Saying that is like saying you don't feel bad about a soldier getting killed, or a cop getting killed. That could be said about anybody who does something dangerous or where they know they are taking a risk. If there was nobody that was willing to take a risk there would be no society as we know it. These Journalist provided a service, much more so than some shitty reporter.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

When the Horseman of the Apocalypse mounts his steed and sets his sights to ride upon your fields--you must answer and not with rhetoric and drones. Allen West.

Mr. West nailed it on the head.
I don't think anyone is saying that his death is less than horrific but, at least for me, if you're going to put yourself in a position that may result in your death then you should expect that that may actually happen.

John

·
He of Long Wind
2,169 Posts
Were soldiers and cops being forced into involuntary service, then that argument would be more valid. But right now, people who choose those careers do so of their own volition. And let's be honest, people don't choose to become soldiers or cops because of the great pay. Most want the action, the excitement, and a chance to be a hero (though it's often euphemized as "helping people" or "serving the country" to sound more noble). In my experience, some people are happy to accept exceptional risk in exchange for adrenaline, adventure, and getting to blow **** up. And that's cool. As you said, we need those risk-takers. They serve a vital function in society ... but so do bankers, carpenters, and checkout clerks. A life is a life. The loss of one is no more or less tragic than another.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Were soldiers and cops being forced into involuntary service, then that argument would be more valid. But right now, people who choose those careers do so of their own volition. And let's be honest, people don't choose to become soldiers or cops because of the great pay. Most want the action, the excitement, and a chance to be a hero (though it's often euphemized as "helping people" or "serving the country" to sound more noble). In my experience, some people are happy to accept exceptional risk in exchange for adrenaline, adventure, and getting to blow **** up. And that's cool. As you said, we need those risk-takers. They serve a vital function in society ... but so do bankers, carpenters, and checkout clerks. A life is a life. The loss of one is no more or less tragic than another.

"Helping people" serving the country" TO SOUND MORE NOBLE!!! Did you ever stop to think mike what it would be like if we didn't have those "risk" takers...your comments are bullshit.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Was the President forced into being President? No he was not. Therefore my original statement on vacation remains.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

His ultimate power is being in the the top of the military. So what have you been getting at this entire time when you say that he needs to act? Propose a budget or jobs bill of some sort let's be realistic Derrick he is at the top of the Chain of Command of the military and you have repeated throughout this thread that he needs to act. So you may not be directly saying smething in a way but.....
True, and he's also the top of every other branch in American politics, because he is after all the President. Just because I said he needs to act, in no way shape or form did I imply that he needs to take Military action.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

All of this boils down to some ****ed up religion. If you removed.all of the Muslim extremists from this earth, nearly all of the armed conflict would end. I'm sure people would find something else to fight about, but it's no secret that the Muslim religion is responsible for nearly all of the armed conflict currently. They've been killing each other for the name of religion for thousands of years, why would they stop now? Their book tells them they can, and the extremists take it literally, while the non extremists do not.

I mean, we are talking about the same people here that will and have killed people for something as little as drawing a cartoon picture of their prophet. How is this right? I understand freedom of religion, but when freedom of one religion hinders the freedoms of others, there lies a problem. And the big problem We face now is how to deal with that. London is having a HUGE problem with this right now. They have "No entry zones", where police do not enter because of their religious freedoms they have like us. Those no entry zones have become areas of uncontrollable rape and other horrible crimes on women. These no entry zones are inhabited by Muslims. Look up it. They now are trying to figure out how to deal with this, because they can't simply kick them out, but what are they supposed to do?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
All of this boils down to some ****ed up religion. If you removed.all of the Muslim extremists from this earth, nearly all of the armed conflict would end.
...except for glorious soviet re-union under comrade Putin. Today Ukraine, tomorrow, the world! :shiftyeyes

I like how we somehow went from:
"We don't have a plan for ISIS." - Obama, last week

to

"We will fight them to the gates of hell!" - Biden, this week

:hidinghere:

All Biden needed was a "YEEEEEAHHHH!" like Dean and it would have been perfect.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
...except for glorious soviet re-union under comrade Putin. Today Ukraine, tomorrow, the world! :shiftyeyes

I like how we somehow went from:
"We don't have a plan for ISIS." - Obama, last week

to

"We will fight them to the gates of hell!" - Biden, this week

:hidinghere:

All Biden needed was a "YEEEEEAHHHH!" like Dean and it would have been perfect.
"This is a big ****ing deal" is more his style.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Biden is so far off in left field I can't take him seriously. Biden is probably my top pick of VPs to hang out in the garage with drinking beers. He's s ****ing stupid, and the stuff that comes out of his mouth is awesome.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
People take risks doing a lot of things. One of us could die running the 1/4 mile. It is a risk we would have taken. I would still feel bad if somebody on here got killed or hurt. I wouldn't say, "heah he knew the risk".

As far as risk takers who protect and give their lives for others, like soldiers, cops, firefighters, secret service, prison guards, I put them on a different level than a banker or office worker. These journalists worked to shed light on tyrants, there work is noble. They didn't go over there to get their heads cut off.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
People take risks doing a lot of things. One of us could die running the 1/4 mile. It is a risk we would have taken. I would still feel bad if somebody on here got killed or hurt. I wouldn't say, "heah he knew the risk".

As far as risk takers who protect and give their lives for others, like soldiers, cops, firefighters, secret service, prison guards, I put them on a different level than a banker or office worker. These journalists worked to shed light on tyrants, there work is noble. They didn't go over there to get their heads cut off.
Spot on on both parts especially the last paragraph!

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Biden is so far off in left field I can't take him seriously. Biden is probably my top pick of VPs to hang out in the garage with drinking beers. He's s ****ing stupid, and the stuff that comes out of his mouth is awesome.
I can picture Biden drinking beers and dancing on a pool table, talking about how he's gonna bend al baghdadi over his camaro.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Biden, or as he's also known, Obama's impeachment/assassination insurance policy.

Want to get rid of Obama? How do you feel about president Joe?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Sometimes (usually during hurricanes) they tell the fools on the beach "go in there and we aint risking our lives to come get you". Yet every ****ing time, some butt nut go's out there and tries to die. Why should the life guards or the Coast Guard risk their lives to save them when they were told GO IN AND YOUR ON YOUR OWN. I dont think we should go to war based solely on what happened to the reporters. They were told to not be there...told to leave. Let me be clear, I am not saying what happened is ok and should go without justice but I dont believe putting others in harms way because of these 2 beheadings. I dont think for one moment all people sign up for the service with a "hero" mentality as stated above somewhere. Thats just stupid. There are tons of other reasons to sign up and the "hero" thing is probably on the very bottom of an HONEST list.

What I do think- The be-headings COMBINED with all the other evil nasty **** and killings they did definately justifies some carpet bombing. However, those two events alone, considering the circumstances, would not be enough for me to support sending our men and women over there to risk their lives. Quite frankly, Im really worried about them going over there because of all the mental problems and health crap combined with piss poor VA when they get back. Bullets arent my main concern and thats sad.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Yeah I agree the health care for veterans is a disgrace. You have free loader scumbags who get better care.

As far as the be headings to me it goes beyond the death of the two journalists. I am pissed because they are American citizens who were brutally murdered. I don't think about why it happened, that doesn't matter to me. This single member of ISIS called out the most powerful man in the United States, Our President, then cut off the head of one of our countryman.

I wouldn't call our response a war. We are more than capable of destroying ISIS but we need to do it now. If people have thoughts of this task turning into a war, I guess we need to reevaluate our position as a powerful country. We are a joke to a lot of people. In my opinion other countries would have already show significant force if the tables were turned.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Yeah I agree the health care for veterans is a disgrace. You have free loader scumbags who get better care.

As far as the be headings to me it goes beyond the death of the two journalists. I am pissed because they are American citizens who were brutally murdered. I don't think about why it happened, that doesn't matter to me. This single member of ISIS called out the most powerful man in the United States, Our President, then cut off the head of one of our countryman.

I wouldn't call our response a war. We are more than capable of destroying ISIS but we need to do it now. If people have thoughts of this task turning into a war, I guess we need to reevaluate our position as a powerful country. We are a joke to a lot of people. In my opinion other countries would have already show significant force if the tables were turned.
I like this and you are right imo. This wouldnt be a "war"...not sure what to call it but calling it a war would be a disgrace to the REAL ones.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I recently went to WWII Museum that focused a lot on D Day. I was totally blown away by the amount of planning, forethought, and enginuity that went into that invasion. Everything from temporary floating ports to off load supplies, to special snorkles on the tanks. It was incredible. The resolve seemed to be much higher then in regards to the leadership of this country. Are military, enginuity, planning are the best in the world. Without resolve and the leaders having the balls to let our military do it's job we are nothing. I don't want to see our soldiers get hurt but I would rather see them going in to take out a threat like ISIS, who is taunting us with American lives, then helping out people to get a stake in natural resources like oil. ISIS has taken the fight to us, it is time for us to bring down the hammer of hell onto all of there members and affiliates. To quote Chris Farley, "We will twist off their heads and spike them down to the floors of a nightmare they can't imagine"

121 - 140 of 207 Posts