Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Your maturity is showing.

Seems appropriate for your train of thought- bombs = peace.

And you say you are a history buff...
I know reading is a daily struggle for you, with your developmental disorder. But I never said either of those things.

If you want, I can research Mental Health Centers in the area for you. Just to make your daily life easier. With some hard work and some hope, you might get your IQ up over 37.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
I know reading is a daily struggle for you, with your developmental disorder. But I never said either of those things.

If you want, I can research Mental Health Centers in the area for you. Just to make your daily life easier. With some hard work and some hope, you might get your IQ up over 37.
Well, I'll again skip past the direct insults and move onto where you are just wrong, as usual.

For one, a "train of thought" can be established without you ever directly saying it, although you did come mighty close to doing so right here. Note I left everything else just to make sure you remember the context.

Don't think so.

What we do in order to attempt to secure peace in the region is what we have to do. I don't agree with foreign aid to countries that are not friendly with us. I will say, I have no issue sending aid money/resources to our friends so long as they remain that way.

Israel didn't break the last cease fire. Your complaining about buying the cat a new litter box, when the dog is taking shits on the floor.
Moving on,

What bad behavior?

We're not following them into war, we are supplying our ally with materials to protect themselves with. Just like WWI and WWII before entering it. Same rules apply, backing up an ally.

Speaking of our own rise to power. Maybe because I am taking classes from the Navy war college, but, please show me a period of time in US history, we were not engaged in some affair overseas, or receiving aid from another country prior to 1920.

The United States has been in conflict, both on and off our soil since our inception. Lots of people forget this, because they don't care or read up on it. Every 10 years, the US has been under attack or firing shots abroad or conducting military operations. However you want to look at it, it's the truth.

What we should do, and what is able to be done are two different things. Realism vs Idealism. We can't just stop doing what we've been doing. We can sure afford to scale it down, if done so properly. But I again stress, you really don't have a realistic grasp, or are choosing to ignore our foot print over there, and in associated areas.
You had to throw in the "Navy War College" comment. In case the sarcasm wasn't readily apparent, I was mocking this statement.

·
5,818 Posts
Well, I'll again skip past the direct insults and move onto where you are just wrong, as usual.

For one, a "train of thought" can be established without you ever directly saying it, although you did come mighty close to doing so right here. Note I left everything else just to make sure you remember the context.

Moving on,

You had to throw in the "Navy War College" comment. In case the sarcasm wasn't readily apparent, I was mocking this statement.
Which is all you've been "Good" for this entire conversation.

You also took the part where I said receiving Aid, and changed it to giving aid earlier on the discussion. Again, another 1st grade reading comprehension failure.

Either way, go tuck yourself in under that blanket of I don't care about anything but ourselves, and see how far that gets you. If you think our policy of supporting allies or whatever else you have a problem with is an issue, move or go Vote.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Which is all you've been "Good" for this entire conversation.

You also took the part where I said receiving Aid, and changed it to giving aid earlier on the discussion. Again, another 1st grade reading comprehension failure.

Either way, go tuck yourself in under that blanket of I don't care about anything but ourselves, and see how far that gets you. If you think our policy of supporting allies or whatever else you have a problem with is an issue, move or go Vote.
Oh really?

Did you watch that video? That's why the cease fire's are not lasting.

Hamas doesn't honor them. Because they have no honor, and they will play every single card they have in order to continue combat operations. Just like the Taliban do to Us. Like the poor us when they get hit with a smart weapon, or their militants get killed. Look at us, vs this super powerful country. They're slaughtering us!!!! **** that. Watch that video.

We need to give them ammo. It's the very least we owe them.
Then this brilliant statement came on your next post.

Don't think so.

What we do in order to attempt to secure peace in the region is what we have to do. I don't agree with foreign aid to countries that are not friendly with us. I will say, I have no issue sending aid money/resources to our friends so long as they remain that way.

Israel didn't break the last cease fire. Your complaining about buying the cat a new litter box, when the dog is taking shits on the floor.
Then I continued on with literally the same thing I have been saying since the beginning.

Secure peace? You don't secure peace by sending bombs. And, not to beat a dead horse here, but we shouldn't be concerned with being the architect to peace in the Middle East. Let me say that again. We should not be meddling in this conflict. Let them handle their own **** storm.
And then this pile of ****.

I don't think you realize what kind of a foot print we have over there. The only thing keeping everyone from attacking Israel is us. We sweet talk Israel into positions they don't want to be. When they get attacked, we tell them to please, don't take over the whole region. Because they can.

I don't think we should be involved in 90% of the stuff we are. However, we are almost directly responsible for the situation over there. It's our responsibility to help them when they are in need.
Let me spell it out for you again. We have no responsibility to the fighting in the Middle East. They were fighting before we existed, they were fighting when we showed up, and they will continue to fight most likely until one side slaughters the others. We have no obligation to any of it. None. Zero.

·
5,818 Posts
Oh really?

Then this brilliant statement came on your next post.

Then I continued on with literally the same thing I have been saying since the beginning.

And then this pile of ****.

Let me spell it out for you again. We have no responsibility to the fighting in the Middle East. They were fighting before we existed, they were fighting when we showed up, and they will continue to fight most likely until one side slaughters the others. We have no obligation to any of it. None. Zero.
:facepalm:

Again, reading comprehension. From posts back. Which you contradicted at least 3 times.

Look man, I don't care anymore, and I'm pretty sure there's a law on the books about fighting people with mental disabilities.

I'm never going to agree with you, and Last time I checked, we're not fighting over there. Just helping a friend out. If you don't want to do that, fine.

Move or Vote. Either way, go do something about it. You're stuck on one point, and will never, ever see anything close to the bigger picture here. It's one thing to disagree, and it's a complete other to just be so Blatantly Ignorant to just stay fixated on one point.

I've read and understood your argument each time you wrote it. I've even repeated it back to you in order for you to understand that I understand.

I'm just sick of hearing it over and over again. All reasons are irrelevant to your opinion I get it, you 3 year old little girl throwing a temper tantrum. I reiterate my billy madison video.

Good night sir.......well, miss I guess I should say.

But before you do, just quote yourself some more, and Spell it out for us. Make a sign while you're at it.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Move or Vote. Either way, go do something about it. You're stuck on one point, and will never, ever see anything close to the bigger picture here. It's one thing to disagree, and it's a complete other to just be so Blatantly Ignorant to just stay fixated on one point.
Like being fixated on helping Israel for a bunch of bullshit reasons? Funny how perspective works. You have blasted off generic reasoning, and then failed to explain how any of it is even relevant beyond a few dabbles into the "fear monger" cookie jar.

Action requires reasoning.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
After having done more research on the issue at hand I'm starting to see WHY Egypt and Israel have the blockade they do. While they are trying to keep terrorist from being able to bring in weapons that can be used against their citizenry which is certainly a legitimate reason, the blockade seems to be used conveniently as a means of oppressing Palestinians. I believe that a 3rd party force should be used as border guards rather than Israeli or Egyptian military. The temptation that these border guards have to be able to oppress Palestinians is too great and just adds to why Hamas is where they are today only exacerbating the problem.

Having looked at a lot of the issues surrounding this I can see that this is a mixed bag of issues that need to be addressed before there will be peace in that conflict. Before anything I think the Israelis and the Egyptians need to figure out a way to improve the Palestinians economic situation so that there aren't so many disaffected people that turn to terrorism as a viable solution to expressing their anger. I would think a joint venture between Egypt and Israel in improving the infrastructure of Gaza would go a long way in terms of relations with Palestinians. This includes an air and seaport which would certainly improve the economy of Gaza. Granted, there are security issues that would need to be addressed and, again, a 3rd party would seem to also be a good idea rather than let any one countries staff be able to go back into the vicious cycle that we see today.

JMO

John

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
I would think a joint venture between Egypt and Israel in improving the infrastructure of Gaza would go a long way in terms of relations with Palestinians. This includes an air and seaport which would certainly improve the economy of Gaza. Granted, there are security issues that would need to be addressed and, again, a 3rd party would seem to also be a good idea rather than let any one countries staff be able to go back into the vicious cycle that we see today.
I don't think they care at this point. The whole region is tribal, they don't care about their countries, except Israel. If you built Palestine an airport and port they would say it was an insult and be unappreciative of it. Hamas would probably destroy them or take them over without security boots on the ground. And when you put those on the ground than you just have a situation like Iraq. I just don't know how we can help. Starting to really think it might not be possible until their ideology changes. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is any easy way to change an ideology albeit a corrupt one.

·
5,818 Posts
I don't think they care at this point. The whole region is tribal, they don't care about their countries, except Israel. If you built Palestine an airport and port they would say it was an insult and be unappreciative of it. Hamas would probably destroy them or take them over without security boots on the ground. And when you put those on the ground than you just have a situation like Iraq. I just don't know how we can help. Starting to really think it might not be possible until their ideology changes. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is any easy way to change an ideology albeit a corrupt one.
:foshizzle:

Completely agree.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
I'm not so sure. I think that if Hamas is removed from the situation and Abbas and the PLO are inserted as the sole Palestinian representation along with an agreement on how to improve the economic issues Gaza presently is having, tensions could be ratched WAY down. This is where I agree with Israel in that Hamas needs to disarm and, for that matter, ANY destabilizing ideology that is presently using the Palestinian people to further their own causes but there also needs to be a plan in place to improve the economic situation that they have otherwise it's just going to be more of the same with some other extremist organization trying to get in there to fill the power vacuum.

What I believe would improve the situation is:

A) Israeli or Egyptian military will no longer be manning the checkpoints. 3rd party agents would be doing the checking. I believe this would lessen the tensions between the Palestinians and their neighbors and would lessen the oppression currently being inflicted on the Palestinians.

B) I can't imagine why a privately held company that isn't tied to the Israeli or Egyptian government would balk at the chance of reconstructing and maintaining a seaport and/or airport in Gaza as long as their was a security plan in place. If a foreign investor(China?) came in and rebuilt either/or with the assurance from a 3rd party to deal with the security aspects I don't see why that couldn't be done. Essentially take the security and administration of the seaport/airport out of the hands of the government and into the hands of private contractors working together with all three countries, Israel/Egypt/Palestine, to address whatever security issues that they may have in connection to those ports.

I don't think what's needed is so much an ideology shift on the population as I don't think most really believe in the Hamas cause. I think the only reason Hamas is in power is because no one else will defend them. I'm pretty sure most Palestinian citizens aren't actively looking to blow themselves up. They are very much like any other person in this world in that they want to be able to raise their kids in a safe environment and be able to prosper. I believe that getting the extremist element out of there and replacing it with international alliances to help in building out a meaningful infrastructure where the Palestinians can thrive would not only introduce more stability for Gaza but also for Israel. Happy Palestinians means a marked decrease in the need for extremist in their country. Pair that with private international industry setting up shop and I could see how that would change the entire security and relation issues that area of the world is currently having.

The best way to kill off extremism is with prosperity. Look at our own country. Most extremist factions in our government were, for the most part, seen as one sided kooks yet with the economic failure we had these groups have now gotten a foothold in our government/electorate and are causing mayhem and loss of prosperity. Both Left and Right extremism is what is dividing our nation in my opinion. I will agree that the tribal aspects introduce more complexity to the issue but, as I said before, if prosperity can be introduced I believe a lot of the tensions and disagreements wouldn't fester into all out war.

John

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Hamas admits kidnapping Israeli teens
From Associated Press
August 21, 2014 12:17 PM EST

JERUSALEM (AP) — A senior Hamas leader says the group was behind the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teens in the West Bank in June — the first time anyone from the Islamic militant group has said it was behind an attack that helped spark the current war in the Gaza Strip.

Salah Arouri told a conference in Turkey on Wednesday that Hamas carried out the kidnapping with the broader goal of sparking a new Palestinian uprising. "It was an operation by your brothers from the al-Qassam Brigades," he said, referring to Hamas' military wing.

Hamas has repeatedly praised the kidnappings, but Arouri, the group's exiled West Bank leader, is the first member to claim responsibility.

The kidnapping sparked an Israeli crackdown and chain of events culminating in the current war.

Just one more reason why they need to be eliminated. They admittedly started the bloodbath that is annihilating it's own people.

John

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Palestinians have been caught staging this stuff for a long time. There's actors staged for every video, there was one a few years ago of an ambulance picking up "dead" bodies from an explosion, driving off frame, and then the "dead" bodies getting out and running into position to be picked up again.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Propagandists they are....

Gaza ‘Corpses’ Caught Moving When They Forget Cameras Are On Them

Islamic Funeral: I See Dead People ... Move - YouTube

Gaza 'Corpses' Caught Moving When They Forget Cameras Are On Them

:lol
Just to elaborate on this. This was a "die in" in Gaza in 2013. I believe at a university. Nothing to do with Palestine. The covers on the "bodies" reference zionists. *rolls eyes*

However, I do believe Hamas took the video and claimed they were Gaza casualties.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Holy! I hate to say it but it made me laugh watching that. I could never participate...I couldn't resist farting or something and the whole stage would be blown.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts