Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. I just bought a 97 Cobra and I have some work to do on it, but there are some things on it that I just can't figure out myself, so I decided to join a Mustang-dedicated forum to see if anyone can aid me. This is one of those problems...

The previous owner did not latch the hood properly, so when he was driving, the hood flew up and smashed the windshield. As a result, the hood latch is not loose (but still latches), the plastic bezel in front of the windshield is smashed, the hood hinges are bent up, and two of the hood mounts are missing.

These two hood mounts are the two that are closest to the windshield. Right now, there are two square holes where these square threaded inserts are supposed to be. The hood will not sit properly unless I figure out what these pieces are. I was able to get one of the two that were broken off because it was still attached to the bolt. Here is a picture of the piece, as well as a picture of the hole where it is supposed to be.

If anyone can help me, that'd be great. I've been searching and searching trying to figure out what these are, but I have had no luck.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
To me they look like a square piece of metal that is tack welded in the place the hood bolts to. then is threaded so the bolt will hold down and not need a nut...

Thats what I would do with it, make a few out of some steel bar and try and make them the same hieght, if not you can use washers to space it out more, but weld that in and be set and done..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'd probably be better off just making my own and tack welding them in. I just didn't know if it was that one square piece or if there is a bigger part of it under the square hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts