Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my newly built AR to the range yesterday and I had 4 failure to ejects out of 100 rounds. It is extracting the empty shell, but 4 times the bolt pinched the empty shell halfway out of the ejection port while it was cambering the next round. What do you guys recommend I do to try and fix this?

The rifle is 100% brand new parts and here is what I have.
Spikes Phosphate BCG
Spikes T2 Buffer
DD M4 16" Carbine Barrel
Yankee Hill Low Profile Gas Block

I used 3 different mags and it happened at least once with each one. I was using XM193, XM855, and AE .223 and it also happened at least once with each type of ammo.

Not my rifle, but this is what I'm getting when it goes to chamber the next round.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Did you just build it? Can you post up some pictures of the BCG and of the extractor? Check your gas tube alignment as well. You said you got the Spikes T2 buffer but what weight did you get? They sell it in standard, heavy, and extra heavy.

What ammo were you shooting? Sometimes that is the issue.
Did you read his whole post? lol

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you just build it? Can you post up some pictures of the BCG and of the extractor? Check your gas tube alignment as well. You said you got the Spikes T2 buffer but what weight did you get? They sell it in standard, heavy, and extra heavy.
I just weighed my buffer and it is 3.95oz. This would be their "heavy" buffer, they have 3, 4.1, and 5.4oz buffers. Would a lighter buffer make the bolt cycle faster and eject the round faster as well? I also attached the picture you asked for.

When I built it I plugged one end of the barrel and blew air through the muzzle to see if air came out of the gas tube and it did. My gas system is also carbine length.

EDIT: I just pulled the gas block and I can see the alignment marked on the barrel. I've attached a picture of this too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you watch this video at 4:42 he talks about the brass ejecting forward. I did catch this out of the corner of my eye a few times, so it looks like my BCG is actually going too fast. I guess I need to order a little heavier buffer and see what it does.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
If you watch this video at 4:42 he talks about the brass ejecting forward. I did catch this out of the corner of my eye a few times, so it looks like my BCG is actually going too fast. I guess I need to order a little heavier buffer and see what it does.
Order it up and see what happens.

Nope, apparently not!! Too much to drink for me maybe?
LOL, it happens to the best of us.

·
The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
I had feed problems with cheap magazines. I switched to Bushmaster, Magpul and Hexmag and have had no feed issues since.

I have a home built AR with a billet 80% lower and an Alpha Shooting Sports upper with a nickel-boron coated Mil-spec BCG.

Also check your buffer spring, buffer and buffer tube. My roommate had feed problem on his AR10 that were related to buffer components.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
I only had this issue using tula rounds when being cheap.

Good luck man. When there is no issue it's fun.

Lately I've been liking my AK. Not as picky and packs a hell of a punch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts