Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it running for the first time like two minutes ago. the first attempt i didnt have the distrubitor plug in and the distrubitor was turned way off....

but the second time it cranked right up and ran as smooth as glass with a cam lol...i had to shut it right off though cause i dont have any belts going to anything so i didnt want to over heat it.. hopefully i can take it on the first test drive tomorrow...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
So what ended up being the problem? Did swapping out the wiring harnesses do the trick?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only bad part is i think i flooded it... it wont start now lol and i smell alot of fuel in the air. when i wiggle my distrubitor the fuel injectors go..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u are never happy!! i cant wait till u build a stroker then i get to harass u lol :)

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
u are never happy!! i cant wait till u build a stroker then i get to harass u lol :)
:lol im to poor and to young... give me 10 years and if your still around you can harass me all you want :)

ill do the same thing as you though... maybe or... maybe in 10 years i can find a s197 for cheap and strip and stroke it ;) anyways you make me proud keep it up

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just got it running for the first time like two minutes ago. the first attempt i didnt have the distrubitor plug in and the distrubitor was turned way off....

but the second time it cranked right up and ran as smooth as glass with a cam lol...i had to shut it right off though cause i dont have any belts going to anything so i didnt want to over heat it.. hopefully i can take it on the first test drive tomorrow...
Sweet! :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
the only bad part is i think i flooded it... it wont start now lol and i smell alot of fuel in the air. when i wiggle my distrubitor the fuel injectors go..
I told you it was the ECU relay...anyway...better check out that harness where you spliced in the TFI, I don't think wiggling the distributor should make the injectors open :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts