Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been in here maybe 7 months or so. I got my 2000 GT back in Nov. and before I started to come here on a daily basis, I wanted to fix my car up. I am 21, work 50 hours a week, and do college 10 hours a week at night, so not much time to come on here as well. I will be at my job for the next 3 years, and I have planned everything out. 1st year I will fix everything that needs fixing, and make car look good. Once March comes of 2012, I will do performance. 3rd year I will get anything else I think I might want/need.

When I first got the GT it was stock everything but some Cobra rims I did not like. Since then I have...
1:5% Window Tint
2:H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs
3:Tokico Struts and Shocks
4:4 Kicker Speakers and 2 Kicker Tweeters
5:Raxiom Smoked Tail Lights
6:Black LED Third Tail Light
7:Nitto Tires
8:Black Bullitt Rims (17x8,17x10.5)
9:Mach One Lip (just got it today,picture will be up tomorrow)

Next paycheck I will be getting the Spec Stage 3 Clutch Kit, and Spec Aluminum Flywheel. My throw out bearing is wearing out, and instead of replacing it, go big or go home.

Here are the pictures
Car when I first got it after a good bath

Car after 5% window tint with wash

Stock Tail Lights

Raxiom Smoked Tail Lights, Black LED Third Tail Light

H&R SS Lowering Springs

Tokico Struts and Shocks...random penny

Not Lowered

Not Lowered

Not Lowered

Not Lowered

Lowered 1st Day (has went down wayyyy more since then)

Lowered 1st Day (has went down wayyyy more since then)

Kicker Speakers & Tweeters

New Black Bullit Rims (17x8,17x10.5) *tint was taken off, going 2 and half percent soon)

This is what I have done since Nov. I have till March to get new clutch, flywheel, paint job, darker tint, smoked oe headlights, blacked out fog lights, upper and bottom grille, all badges and pony black, purple hids for headlights, blue hids for fog lights, 8 inch antenna, gears, short shifter, knob, and some more things.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
wouldnt a spec 3 clutch be too much for a almost stock car? any whoo looks better dropped, and get dd for the back would look better imo

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a stock car, yeah it seems so. Once March is here in 2012, thats when I'm doing performance for a year. long tube headers, off road shorty x pipe, catback exhaust, cam, then either turbo, super, or nitrous. I have already had turbo and supercharger on previous cars, so I may just do nitrous. If so I may have to get better pistons and rods, etc. Not sure yet, cuz no one around here messes with nitrous.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Looks great :) I like the cobra rims but to each his own! Very clean car! How do you like the tails? Mine has overlays for tint on them now but I am considering getting actual smoked housings!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone makes a big deal how they are to dark, but if you actually buy the raxiom smoked tail lights, they are very smoked, BUT, during the day time, the light brightens it up and it actually looks almost stock. at night time it looks jet black, but when you throw your lights on, the lights turn the plastic red, so it again almost looks stock. i love em. my biggest thing is i waiting on the headlights. i really want smoked ones with hid kit, but i live wayyyy out in country. last week i almost hit a horse. it was just laying in the middle of the road. and i have also hit 9 deer with all my cars except for the mustang...knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Insane in the membrane. Let us know how it feels. Ford TOB for the win by the way.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Do you have some Caster Camber plates too because your lowered?

> If it were I, then next thing i'd do is: full-length subframe connectors. (Cheap addition) and well worth it.

By the way: The pics of your stang you posted look good.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Looks good man. The spec stage 3 will probably be overkill to be honest. But itll be good if you throw some sort of FI at it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't have the camber plates. don't think i need them, but i could. what would the subframe connectors do? i have heard of the name, but nothing about it. lol and yes stage 3 = overkill for stock engine. but when i put down power, it will balance out.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Subframe connectors- better road feel, no more "car trying to steer itself by twisting" on takeoff, your doors will line up better after abuse in the long run and you get some great easy jacking points as well.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Looks great :) I like the cobra rims but to each his own! Very clean car! How do you like the tails? Mine has overlays for tint on them now but I am considering getting actual smoked housings!
I've got the Raxiom smoked housing as well, and I love them! Looks smoked during the day with light shining on them and as it gets darker like stated before they get jet black. And at night they shine light through the same as stock. My favorite part is how the backup lights are left untinted

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i love how it is untinted as well. next on my list is hood. i would like to do a 3 inch cowl hood. i talked to extreme dimensions on here, and they are out. i may do theres or if there is a better brand, ill pay more.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Looking good man, I kinda liked the cobra rims too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did like them before I got a mustang. Anytime I seen a mustang around here, they had the cobras on. Until I actually got a mustang with them on, I didn't like them any more. Sold them for 300 with tires with prob 75% tire tread. Then got the 17x8 and 17x10.5 black bullitts with nitto tires for 1100 or so.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You should invest in some C&C plates due to the amount of lowering you did to your vehicle. If it was 1" - 1.5" you could get away with it but with it being 2" the toe in isn't where it should be and if you continue w/o them and a alignment you will notice how much faster the inside of your tires are wearing versus the outside.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what do the c&c plates actually do. i ordered the springs from AM for 250, and the cc plates are 200. are they really worth the money? i don't mind paying for stuff that will benefit me.

also here is the late pic of the lip i ment to do awhile back. keeps raining hail down here.

5% window tint back on with the black bullits (looks way better than the 5% tint i had with the cobras on)

mach one lip

·
Registered
293 Posts
what do the c&c plates actually do. i ordered the springs from AM for 250, and the cc plates are 200. are they really worth the money? i don't mind paying for stuff that will benefit me.

also here is the late pic of the lip i ment to do awhile back. keeps raining hail down here.

5% window tint back on with the black bullits (looks way better than the 5% tint i had with the cobras on)

mach one lip
Well with them it allows you to have more Camber at the top of the strut which is restricted with the stock mounts. When you lower your car your camber goes in and the stock mounts don't allow you to adjust them out to flatten them out therefore causing quicker wear on the inside of the tires because they have more surface contact with the road versus the outside of the tire.

·
Registered
903 Posts
CC plates are well worth it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts