Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other day when I said that my car was idling high, I changed my TPS and it helped it for almost a week...and now it's like the throttle is getting stuck at low rpm's...A quick rev of the throttle takes it back down to normal...it's not hurting anything, just annoying as hell...I'm getting my headers put on next Wednesday and I guess I'm just going to have him look at it

·
Registered
343 Posts
did you try cleaning the throttle body? sometimes they get gunk from the EGR and crank case vents stuck around the butterfly and it keeps it from closing all the way. That might be your problem.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't sure if that'd help or not...you think just wiping it out would help or should I take it all the way off?

·
Registered
697 Posts
You can try cleaning the MAF with mass air flow cleaner from the parts store. Usually a dirty MAF hot wire will cause surging issues, but worth a shot.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give it a shot...I hate it doing this so I'll do anything to fix it

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
that would anoy the **** out of me

·
Registered
343 Posts
my friend's was doing the same thing, and it was just carbon buildup around the butterfly. To see if that's it, start your car, open your hood, and rev it up a little with the throttle body and when it stays revved up, see if you can push the throttle the other direction and close it. That's how I found out about his

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that would anoy the **** out of me
It does man!

my friend's was doing the same thing, and it was just carbon buildup around the butterfly. To see if that's it, start your car, open your hood, and rev it up a little with the throttle body and when it stays revved up, see if you can push the throttle the other direction and close it. That's how I found out about his
alright I'll check it out tomorrow...It didn't do it all day today so I'm crossing my fingers that whatever was wrong fixed itself (this never happens to me, but I can pray)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.