1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ya what have u been doing.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
rims dont take countless hours under a hood( i sure hope not)

what are you doing to it that youve been working on it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
basically beefin it up for those rear mount TT...

headers, gears, tlock, crank, plulleys money money money....

just planning for a little bitch of a hoopty. should be finished by the time i come back from iraq... oh well.

question, should i even bother porting the heads and regrinding the valve/seats if i plan to go FI? I know that other guy with the 4.2 powerpack sucked some ass with his s/c

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
basically beefin it up for those rear mount TT...

headers, gears, tlock, crank, plulleys money money money....

just planning for a little bitch of a hoopty. should be finished by the time i come back from iraq... oh well.

question, should i even bother porting the heads and regrinding the valve/seats if i plan to go FI? I know that other guy with the 4.2 powerpack sucked some ass with his s/c
Why rear mount, you have room in the engine bay.....
And if you wan't the most power s3 power pack / built 4.2/4.3 is what you want.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why rear mount? it's simpler, to me. no need for an intercooler, along with lower intake temps. along with being able to use L/T's...

and im thinking of stealing my ladies f150 engine... apparently she is getting a caddy and the truck is gonna rot... so why not.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
why rear mount? it's simpler, to me. no need for an intercooler, along with lower intake temps. along with being able to use L/T's...

and im thinking of stealing my ladies f150 engine... apparently she is getting a caddy and the truck is gonna rot... so why not.
Simpler you say?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Simpler you say?
I agree they are a lot simpler to fabricate pipeing for and for a first kit you cant go wrong learning with a rearmount

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
also look at ... RPM-mustangs.com they have a lot of head and engine work stuff for 15% less then ssms

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i see bad idea writen all over this
not to mention you will lose 1-2 maybe more psi. much more then an intercooler will lose. not to mention you wont get NEARLY as much cooling as one.
the f150 block and motor alone will not hold much power
i'd really like to see this done.
i do not believe you'll have enough pressure and you kinda actually want HOTTER gases to hit the turbo your going to spend more money then what it would cost to just ditch the long tubes

·
Registered
39 Posts
sorry chris but i disagree. hot rod magazine did an article on nov.07 on a 63 tempest with dual turbo set up, yes was a big block but had modderate psi and that thing cranked 875hp,and is capable os 1100hp.and the guy drives the car on the street.with rear mount tt.if i have the money i will do the same thing.just think blowing someone on a race and when you open the hood the other guy cant see what you have.:D

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
sorry chris but i disagree. hot rod magazine did an article on nov.07 on a 63 tempest with dual turbo set up, yes was a big block but had modderate psi and that thing cranked 875hp,and is capable os 1100hp.and the guy drives the car on the street.with rear mount tt.if i have the money i will do the same thing.just think blowing someone on a race and when you open the hood the other guy cant see what you have.:D
very true
i know of one rear mount tt kit for the c6 vette, it only loses 1 psi and keeps the engin around 100* to 150* cooler. so as a resalt it makes more poser by having the rear mount turbos.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i saw it on horsepower TV where they did a rear mount and it only lost 1 psi ... pretty bad ass..

If it were my decision i would have them mount in the muffler pockets and put a protective shield around them so they don't get dirty or what ever... oil pressure will be your bitch on this one

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i saw it on horsepower TV where they did a rear mount and it only lost 1 psi ... pretty bad ass..

If it were my decision i would have them mount in the muffler pockets and put a protective shield around them so they don't get dirty or what ever... oil pressure will be your bitch on this one
thats the one i was talking about.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts

ok congrats? i guess. ive seen tons of rear mount set ups lol
i never said it couldnt be done
but most of the setups werent no 2month process or 1month
and usually are through floor or floor cut outs for room

plus most these engines a v8's that already produce about 450hp alone push a turbo impeller is a joke for them.

my opinion is just that it will not be as easy #1, i personally do not think it'll be more benifit to him. and depending where is mounted who knows how safe it will be

im not saying dont do it. heck one big reason i did my set up is because all the people saying dont waste your time. its not worth it etc etc.
look whose proving who wrong now :cool:

which is also sometimes why i tell people not to do something. so that can push them to do it...it pushes me to do it.

aside from swapping a v6 to v8 motor...thats just not worth it at all

but this. if he can SERIOUSLY pull it off or have a shop do it w/e is going on then more power to him:). i do believe he should know how each component works though and benifits of rear mounting

IMO a rear mount may be better for a full out drag car with custom icebox intercooler in the passenger seat

and if you wana know a badass rear mount
i wish i could find it talk about opening your trunk and seeing 2 huge turbos just chillen in there:cool:

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
chris u talking about this one

1 - 20 of 40 Posts