Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LLOONNGG story short. I tried getting my T-45 rebuilt TWICE w/ in 5 months. Now it's totally trashed. The trans guy apparently had no clue what he was doing. I found a problem everytime I left his shop. 820 bucks down the drain... But at the time I couldn't afford to anywhere else. Now the car has collected a fair amount of dust and I'm lookin to start over w/ the tranny.

It's going to cost me around $1800 for a T-56 swap or $985 for a good refurbished T-45. My cobra is slighty modded. No plans for much more than whats done to er' already. I can't really afford the T-56 now. Should I just go with the T-45? Anyone know of a cheaper route that maybe just as good?

I Have hooker longtubes, JLT RAI, egr block off, and just Flowmaster mufflers... Could a refurbished T-45 handle this???

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I've always heard the opposite. What color is you car? That pic really makes it jump out there. E9? It's been so long since i have been able to drive my COBRA!!! 13 flat? What all is done to your GT?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Is you car your DD? If not thn save for the T56, it is a far better trans than the T45 or the 3650. You will be happier with it in the long run and it will handle what ever you throw at it if you plans for the car change.

·
Registered
962 Posts
if you plan on keeping it shell out the extra now for the t56

im sure somewhere down the road your gunna want that extra power... the t56 can handle it...

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
You can go with anything...... T5, Gforce T5, 3550, 3650, TKO, TKO II, TKO 500, TKO 600, T56...... It all depends what you wanna do with the car.

·
Registered
691 Posts
don't mean to hi-jack the thread but how much for a built t45 from promotion, not looking to go all out, but i want a tranny that can handle a night at the dragstrip once a month

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn.. might as well get the T-56... What about my mech speedometer though???

·
Registered
927 Posts
you cant sue the guy ?

if you paid via credit card see if you can get a charge back .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts