Modded Mustang Forums banner

It's official... the T-45 DOES really blow. Check this out.

659 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  RanGer498 
#1 ·
LLOONNGG story short. I tried getting my T-45 rebuilt TWICE w/ in 5 months. Now it's totally trashed. The trans guy apparently had no clue what he was doing. I found a problem everytime I left his shop. 820 bucks down the drain... But at the time I couldn't afford to anywhere else. Now the car has collected a fair amount of dust and I'm lookin to start over w/ the tranny.

It's going to cost me around $1800 for a T-56 swap or $985 for a good refurbished T-45. My cobra is slighty modded. No plans for much more than whats done to er' already. I can't really afford the T-56 now. Should I just go with the T-45? Anyone know of a cheaper route that maybe just as good?

I Have hooker longtubes, JLT RAI, egr block off, and just Flowmaster mufflers... Could a refurbished T-45 handle this???

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Really? I've always heard the opposite. What color is you car? That pic really makes it jump out there. E9? It's been so long since i have been able to drive my COBRA!!! 13 flat? What all is done to your GT?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Damn.. might as well get the T-56... What about my mech speedometer though???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.