Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok! I have basically a stock 2000 automatic v6 mustang except for a KnN intake, flowmaster 40 series duel exhaust, and a shift kit in the tranny! Ok now to the help needed part! I have an HX 35 turbo and another motor at v6 motor at the shop! What would i need to have in order to put the turbo on the car and what about the internals! Thanks for all the help

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
you can run 10psi no problem stock motor
with a tune

im not to familiar with that turbo but you need ALOT before you can have your car turbo'd

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
from the sound of it, you need all the piping, oil lines, fuel upgrade... and a few other small things

·
Registered
214 Posts
New fuel injectors. Boost gauges and correct plumbing. Everything Onemanzu said. A good tuner and possibly pay for some time on the dyno. And a partially new exhaust set up, i think? Didn't someone say a single exhaust is better for a turbo'd car? Maybe i'm wrong.

-poindexter-

·
Registered
300 Posts
New fuel injectors. Boost gauges and correct plumbing. Everything Onemanzu said. A good tuner and possibly pay for some time on the dyno. And a partially new exhaust set up, i think? Didn't someone say a single exhaust is better for a turbo'd car? Maybe i'm wrong.

-poindexter-
You can run dual and still be fine you just need good air flow!

You need everything listed in the street kit of TMA's kit =] That's what I would go by atleast.. with the addition of the SVT Focus fuel pump, i'd say 39lb injectors (depending on your overall HP goal..) and dont forget once you hit 300hp/tq your gonna break your rear-end out =[ sadly..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea that 300 mark sucks but im looking for a gt rear end! I know the basic stuff i will have to have like all the piping,boost guage, turbo timer, intercooler, bigger injectors, fuel pump, anything else that yall would know of

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yea that 300 mark sucks but im looking for a gt rear end! I know the basic stuff i will have to have like all the piping,boost guage, turbo timer, intercooler, bigger injectors, fuel pump, anything else that yall would know of
Blow off valve, waste gate, bust controller, you also will want some shorty headers for you got side set up. (a lot easier there custom fabing turbo headers)

Don’t know what your power goal at this point is, but you will also want to beef up your tranny to handle the bigger power.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im wanting right around 250 if not more but i thing 250 is descent! i got a shift kit in the tranny what can i put in there to make it stronger

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Ok! I have basically a stock 2000 automatic v6 mustang except for a KnN intake, flowmaster 40 series duel exhaust, and a shift kit in the tranny! Ok now to the help needed part! I have an HX 35 turbo and another motor at v6 motor at the shop! What would i need to have in order to put the turbo on the car and what about the internals! Thanks for all the help
The Turbo Forums.com

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yea im wanting right around 250 if not more but i thing 250 is descent! i got a shift kit in the tranny what can i put in there to make it stronger
you may want to throw on a tq converter and a j-mod

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
And a partially new exhaust set up, i think? Didn't someone say a single exhaust is better for a turbo'd car? Maybe i'm wrong.

-poindexter-
You can run dual and still be fine you just need good air flow!
exhaust doesn't matter that much... you just need a 3" down pipe... or something about that size ya know? and then if you can you can split it into dual exhaust or do what ya please with it... doesn't matter that much... you will want it to be as free flowing as possible

1 - 11 of 11 Posts