Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving a stock 2007 GT/CS, (picture to come) and feel the need for a little more kick, specially in the higher RPM's. My friends still think it's plenty of kick and I am probably just getting used to it after 1300 miles.

Everyone has something to say, but no one has a Mustang so I thought this would be a place to get input and help with where to start.

Header and new pips seem to been one of the first to go, which is part of my plan at some point. However I was thinking that the power comes from combustion, sparks, fuel and air and that to me seem like a good place to start, but I may be wrong here.

List of stuff I thought about, (all from Moss Mustang, since I get their catalog):

Screamin'Deamon Coil Packs & Livewires
Helox Power Tower
HT Spark plugs by Autolite
mamybe Spark plug connector kit from GMS

All this seem to do a little something something, what do you think?

any and all input is welcome,

BoTom

·
Registered
29 Posts
i dont know anything about those parts but if you want the best bang for your buck you should get a cai/tune from somewhere like brenspeed or bamachips. this was my first mod and i was extremely happy with it
also i believe gears are also one of the better bolt on mods you can get 3.73 or 4.10

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Get a C&l intake first with a custom tune. I have Bamachips and I love it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, you are on top of this, thanks for the fast replies, will check into your suggestions. The stuff I listed is only $300 and can only help from what I understand so I will probably add that to the other suggestions.

What about the stock exhaust, replace it all or parts of it?

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Dont waste 90 bucks on that tb spacer...it does nothing...I have one....that exact one...ill mail it to you free !!!!!! no I wont cuz u dont need it.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
No to everything that you posted. The only thing you might need is the spark plugs but thats a good ways down the road.

What I reccomend for you first mod is either a JLT or C&L intake, with a tune from Brenspeed or Bamachips. The only places you will get power exhaust-wise is with aftemarket headers and midpipe. The axle backs make very little power.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need to run, will get the credit card out and order a few things tomorrow. It's time the crack up the BBQ and open a beer while the temp is still over 40 her in Pittsburgh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts