Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want my car to handle like a beast.

My pro kit suspension pisses me off a lot. it rattles. my steeda LCA's squeek and it doesn't have the handeling i want.

So since everyone is so fond of BMR parts this is what i have in mind for the future.

BMR lowering springs.
BIlstien shocks
BMR front & rear sway bar.
BMR relocation bracket (maybe it will fix the squeeking)

What do you guys think? would it be worth it and would the ride/handling be a lot better? or should i keep my current setup of this V. i feel like the eibachs aren't as good but i haven't tried BMR. hopefully someone can help me out who's changed thier suspension before

Eiback pro lowering springs/shocks
Steeda LCA/UCA & Steeda caster camber plates.
STeeda strut bar.
Steeda panhead bar.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
u have eibach's shocks too? i dont think the springs alone will make that big of a difference, eibach and bmr have similar spring rates... Now if your on stock shocks and you add the bilsteins with new sway bars that will be a nice upgrade my friend.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have the shocks too. i'll probably end up doing the bilstein shocks, bmr relocation bracket, and the sway bars then.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Your car isnt going to handle like a beast with those tires on it period. When I run the 17s with the pirellis my car is a different car, sucks basically. Your suspension starts with the tires, or ends with the tires, however you want to look at it.

Bilsteins are a better damper then what you have no debate. Would it be worth it...

Check the bushings on your parts. You could always change bushings. I would change shocks before I would change arms, not to sway you from a BMR purchase but that isnt going to change handling.

Relocation brackets arent going to fix a squeek. Or I guess I should say shouldnt fix a squeek. Not that they would be a bad idea though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
i agree with the wider wheels, but if your gunna stick with stock wheels go with the BFGoodrich T/A KDW2's
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

and for suspension i would go with the ford racing kit, its only 1,100 on summit racing and and its the full kit and its an amazing diffrence, i dont have them yet in my car but my friends dose and ive driven it vs my stock suspension and its an amazing diffrence, especialy threw the canyons

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanks rich and everyone. i'll start with the bushings and relocation brackets and then go from there. i do plan on getting wider wheels and tires but i need to save up some money first. and i also want the bmr sway bars. then if i'm still not satisfied after all that i'll consider the bilsteins.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i agree with the wider wheels, but if your gunna stick with stock wheels go with the BFGoodrich T/A KDW2's
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

and for suspension i would go with the ford racing kit, its only 1,100 on summit racing and and its the full kit and its an amazing diffrence, i dont have them yet in my car but my friends dose and ive driven it vs my stock suspension and its an amazing diffrence, especialy threw the canyons

I absolutely hate those tires! With the car being bone stock running no mods the car enjoys buring those things up like nothing! go through a corner hard and get on the gas coming out they will break with no problem

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
look at maximum motorsports website the have whole kits for sale
it is a little pricey but comes with everythin you would need.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm also looking at getting nitto 555 because they are cheaper and a lot of people like them> and maximum motorsports has bushing kits?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts