Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a stock 2001 GT. It's in pretty good share - needs some cosmetics, tires, brakes.

But I've got $500 to put towards some performance.

Not planning on serious drag racing, but I'd like some more push into my seat when I step on it.

I'm not much of a mechanic, but can do some basics.

What do you recommend?

Jeff

·
Registered
134 Posts
Some gears, cold air, and exhaust.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
410 gears. You'll love them and definitely going to be the only mod for 500 bucks that you will feel. Any other mod will have you trying to convince yourself you feel a difference.

My vote goes to GEARS!

·
Registered
623 Posts
gears...ftmfw!!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Just picked up a stock 2001 GT. It's in pretty good share - needs some cosmetics, tires, brakes.

But I've got $500 to put towards some performance.

Not planning on serious drag racing, but I'd like some more push into my seat when I step on it.

I'm not much of a mechanic, but can do some basics.

What do you recommend?

Jeff
Saving another 100 bucks and having some gears installed.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
saving up a tad bit more and find a used nitrous kit complete ready to install. ;)

·
Registered
623 Posts
saving up a wee bit more and building a vortech tuner kit ready to install :p

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
well.... im gonna have to go with... 500 dollars worth of stickers... each one adds what? 20 hp? haha jp jp

Gears are a must, i've got 373's in my car and love it, 410's would be a better bet, depends if your stayin n/a or going to boost it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm gonna go with everyone else and vote gears. My car is basically stock still and my next two mods are a new catback and install some 4.10's. Just waiting for the money to do all of this.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
gears and tuner

·
Registered
2,508 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,592 Posts
Fix the stuff that needs addressed. Then go from there.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
410 gears. You'll love them and definitely going to be the only mod for 500 bucks that you will feel. Any other mod will have you trying to convince yourself you feel a difference.

My vote goes to GEARS!
I got my nitrous kit new for $400 at dynotune nitrous. You can get Harris speed works nitrous kit also for $400.

gears...ftmfw!!
Do you even have gears?? Lol.

I got nitrous before gears... 100 hp for $400 dollars. You also don't need a tune for a 100 shot.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
4.10's

1 - 20 of 42 Posts