Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy 2.1L KB nonintercool kit but I need to upgrade my LCA. Is J&M any good?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hahaha sorry LCA

·
Registered
775 Posts
What are you looking for in terms of what your running your mustang in (DD, drag, auto-x,street?):

CHE performance has two types of LCA's. One's adj & the other is solid. Geared toward some strip & street perforamnce

UPR Chrome moly (adjustable) DD with cornering and non 1/4 mile use.

MM HD''s stronger than UPR above and some 1/4 mile use without DR's.

MM XD's stronger than the above listed HD's for DD and DR's on 1/4 mile (LOTS of creeking noise)

TeamZ (adjustable) No sway-bar mount VERY strong, DD and 1/4 mile with DR's (Lot's of noise)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you are looking into Autocross/Road Race or Drifting definitely save up and get Griggs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are you looking for in terms of what your running your mustang in (DD, drag, auto-x,street?):

CHE performance has two types of LCA's. One's adj & the other is solid. Geared toward some strip & street perforamnce

UPR Chrome moly (adjustable) DD with cornering and non 1/4 mile use.

MM HD''s stronger than UPR above and some 1/4 mile use without DR's.

MM XD's stronger than the above listed HD's for DD and DR's on 1/4 mile (LOTS of creeking noise)

TeamZ (adjustable) No sway-bar mount VERY strong, DD and 1/4 mile with DR's (Lot's of noise)
that's good info thanks. Ya i'm looking for street but MM is out of my budget because I'm pretty much buying everything including clutch, flywheel and few suspention. I will check out UPR LCA

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are looking into Autocross/Road Race or Drifting definitely save up and get Griggs.
good heads up but Im staying street bro

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is CHE sonicx?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can mix them but its best to get a matching set or one with the correct bearings for your needs.

This is one of the cheapest pairs for street or DD use. >

BBK REAR UPPER & LOWER CONTROL ARM KIT 1999-2004 | CJ Pony Parts
Ya that make sense to have them both from the same manufacturer. But to be honest with you, I'm kinda disappointed at bbk because of my past purchase from them. Do you have this or know a friend that run this set-up before? I used to buy from bbk but my luck with them was just terrible hahaha

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
BBK as a production manufacturer is an alright company in my opinion but as a customer service company they suck ass. I do have a buddy that runs these and they are not super heavy duty but he can definitely tell a difference in ride quality. All in all as far as suspension mods go, you get what you pay for. Read, research, learn and research some more.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just check that site but most of che lca seems to be backorder. Can you use different brand for upper and lower LCA or if i buy a certain brand then I have to buy both upper and lower lca?
For a street & DD you don't want UCA! Go instead with a Panhard bar / Watts-Link. First, a solid UCA should never be put in to gain better handling of your ride! They are completely inflexable and greatly increase the suspension bind already inherant in the Mustang 4 link rear suspension. Cuz all it is is a solid arm and not even adjustable for pinion angle. I mean you could go with an adj 1 but not as a DD soley track only as it only addresses pinion angle. Im just sharing this from 2nd hand exp and from seeing it happen to friends, as well as other members posting up. Using adj UCA can allow undesired movement at extreme end of axle articulation which you don't want either. Just stick with LCA's. If your a serious racer or a seldom driver with your mustang, proceed.

PS: It's okay for suspension to mix and match certain items, depending upon what it is.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BBK as a production manufacturer is an alright company in my opinion but as a customer service company they suck ass. I do have a buddy that runs these and they are not super heavy duty but he can definitely tell a difference in ride quality. All in all as far as suspension mods go, you get what you pay for. Read, research, learn and research some more.
Your right I get what I pay for:D. I think you told me not to buy BBK Products.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Basically lol :eek: Sonic is right as well tho. Get a reasonable LCA and a little bit down the road tie it up with a PHB or Watts. If you decide to be hardcore with it get a Torque arm as well :) FLSFCs help a lot too.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Basically lol :eek: Sonic is right as well tho. Get a reasonable LCA and a little bit down the road tie it up with a PHB or Watts. If you decide to be hardcore with it get a Torque arm as well :) FLSFCs help a lot too.
I've been around ALONG TIME! Just never to this site. But now that you mentioned FLSFC's.... OP make sure that you get them welded in. Maxium Motorsports have THE BEST one's. For this I wouldn't even consider another source.

You got your springs, CC plates, shocks and struts upgraded too?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I just check that site but most of che lca seems to be backorder. Can you use different brand for upper and lower LCA or if i buy a certain brand then I have to buy both upper and lower lca?
CHE stuff is no longer on back order, I talked to Chuck (the owner) last thursday & he is all caught up with the last of the back orders shipping out last friday.

that said, CHE products are top quality & since he's somewhat local to us here, tons of track guys run his stuff.

a bunch of guys on here run his stuff as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For a street & DD you don't want UCA! Go instead with a Panhard bar / Watts-Link. First, a solid UCA should never be put in to gain better handling of your ride! They are completely inflexable and greatly increase the suspension bind already inherant in the Mustang 4 link rear suspension. Cuz all it is is a solid arm and not even adjustable for pinion angle. I mean you could go with an adj 1 but not as a DD soley track only as it only addresses pinion angle. Im just sharing this from 2nd hand exp and from seeing it happen to friends, as well as other members posting up. Using adj UCA can allow undesired movement at extreme end of axle articulation which you don't want either. Just stick with LCA's. If your a serious racer or a seldom driver with your mustang, proceed.

PS: It's okay for suspension to mix and match certain items, depending upon what it is.
I'm trying to atleast match my rear and from suspention that's the reason I'm buying rear and upper LCA with strut tower brace. Panhard bar actually or subframe connector are my next mod after I install KB s/c, clutch and flywheel, lca, and strut brace. I don't like adjustable:D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts