Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of J & M LCAs and they didn’t come with grease fittings. Should I drill them and put some in or don’t worry about? I figured maybe they didn’t come with them for a reason. I don’t know.:confused:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
If they don't have grease fittings, don't go adding any! There should have been some red synthetic grease that came along in a little tub or tube, apply that liberally to the outer surfaces of the poly bushings (unless they're not poly bushings :dunno )and you sir, are all set. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they don't have grease fittings, don't go adding any! There should have been some red synthetic grease that came along in a little tub or tube, apply that liberally to the outer surfaces of the poly bushings (unless they're not poly bushings :dunno )and you sir, are all set. Have fun!
Yea thats what I thought just wanted to check. Thanks for the response.:D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The bushing design completely seals the grease in. The inner spherical bushing does the actual work. The 2 outer bushings are there to dampen any NVH and the real nice side effect is the fact that they seal the grease in. Just make sure to pack the grease in there real well.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bushing design completely seals the grease in. The inner spherical bushing does the actual work. The 2 outer bushings are there to dampen any NVH and the real nice side effect is the fact that they seal the grease in. Just make sure to pack the grease in there real well.
Will do. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yea thats what I thought just wanted to check. Thanks for the response.:D
You're welcome. :)
I ran through the same questions when I installed my CHE Performance LCAs last year. Even bought a grease gun before the parts arrived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts