Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the quality of J&M suspension parts? I have a few J&M parts in my cart over at AM but I'm starting to question their quality because of their prices. What are any of your experiences with this brand?

By the way I'm looking into their LCAs, UCA, and panhard bar.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
I just installed a set of j&m lca's on my buddys car and have to say they seemed really well put together and the finish seems very durable. My only suggestion is grease the hell out of the bushings when installing them or theyll start to squeek.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet. thanks guys, I'm gonna order them this week

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
i have there adjustable pan hard bar nice product

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've got all of J&M Products rear suspension pieces. Absolutely zero increased noise. They have a patented bushing set up that uses a poly ball inside of the control arm end, packed with heavy, sticky suspension grease, then a soft bushing is inserted on each side which seals the grease in and eliminates any noise. You'll grease them upon installation and will never have to grease them again.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thank you. Now that I have this Christmas money I'm about to order them.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
After the inside is packed with the supplied grease and you install the outer, softer bushings...wipe a thin layer of the suspension grease to each outer exposed side of the bushings that comes in contact with the car's brackets.

Makes sure you don't tighten any control arm mounting bolts unless the car is sitting on it's own weight...not jacked up. The reason is, if you tighten them with the wheels and suspension hanging, then when you set the car on the floor the bushings will twist and possibly damage them. I just jack the car down with the wheels sitting on solid wood blocks or lower the rear axle weight down onto a couple of jack stands to load the suspension.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
I had JM LCAs and PHB... I liked both very much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought J&M tubular fixed lowers (non-extreme) joint, adjustable upper (non-extreme joint) from american muscle last year and am very happy with the quality of the parts, 60' times they helped me get and the bang for the buck price. They aren't loud with road noise, don't squeek, and are a quality product. I'd do them again in retrospect.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After the inside is packed with the supplied grease and you install the outer, softer bushings...wipe a thin layer of the suspension grease to each outer exposed side of the bushings that comes in contact with the car's brackets.

Makes sure you don't tighten any control arm mounting bolts unless the car is sitting on it's own weight...not jacked up. The reason is, if you tighten them with the wheels and suspension hanging, then when you set the car on the floor the bushings will twist and possibly damage them. I just jack the car down with the wheels sitting on solid wood blocks or lower the rear axle weight down onto a couple of jack stands to load the suspension.
That makes sense, I'll definitely put the jack stands under the axle. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts