Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump! also, i have a tuner question...I want to buy a tuner from Am with the bill me later option...Will a dyno tuner still be able to use the tuner, or should i buy the tuner later from the shop that tunes my car?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
That's the right write up for our cars as well. The others found on tccoa are for earlier transmissions. As long as the shop you are planning on taking your car to uses whatever type of tuner you order, you will be fine ordering it through AM.

You should read some of the transmission articles on tccoa.com especially the j-mod related stuff. You also should look over the accumulator springs for your car since just drilling the few holes out a few thousandths isn't going to do much by itself.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
j-mod................:banghead

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the right write up for our cars as well. The others found on tccoa are for earlier transmissions. As long as the shop you are planning on taking your car to uses whatever type of tuner you order, you will be fine ordering it through AM.

You should read some of the transmission articles on tccoa.com especially the j-mod related stuff. You also should look over the accumulator springs for your car since just drilling the few holes out a few thousandths isn't going to do much by itself.
Awesome. Thank you. I thought thats what the jmod was? Drilling some new holes, and removing those two springs...

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
No problem man. There are just so many variations of the j-mod floating around that it's hard to know what every single person is really talking about when they say "j-mod."

Good luck and let us all know how it goes. You might want to ride in a car with a j-mod and then one with a shift kit like the transgo hd-2 or a Fairbanks kit before being dead set on a j-mod. A lot of people prefer an actual shift kit.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem man. There are just so many variations of the j-mod floating around that it's hard to know what every single person is really talking about when they say "j-mod."

Good luck and let us all know how it goes. You might want to ride in a car with a j-mod and then one with a shift kit like the transgo hd-2 or a Fairbanks kit before being dead set on a j-mod. A lot of people prefer an actual shift kit.
Honestly....theres not alot of "Modded Mustangs" around me honestly...Well not v6's. I think ill end up going with the j-mod. The guy helping me with my build is very knowledged in trannys and hes never heard of the j-mod but he got excited about it. i think he wants to learn a new homemade shift kit.And Ill definetly post pictures of everything! Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
No problem, just make sure to follow the instructions carefully. The valve body isn't something you want to screw up. Might be a good idea to get a spare separator plate so that you aren't totally screwed if the stock one gets damaged somehow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts