Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the radiator is fixed..new gas cap is on..new thermostat is in..the temperature is normal finally...ran good the first few days driving it when i was driving...she gets home today and says her car is runnin rough as **** and starting to puff out white smoke...i ran my fingers int he exhaust tips and it was quite wet and smelled like burnt oil and coolant...i said oh ****..checked the oil and it was the oh so awesome light milky color.so....we dont have much money with bills,rent and me going to school so...i got a friend from school who said he would do the head gaskets for cheap. id do it myself but i have nowhere to do it properly...so we might just take it somewhere..but before we do is there anyway to tell if its the gasket or is the head actually warped? I know i could pull it off and throw a straight edge and feeler gauge on it but i have neither..nor the time to take the **** apart right now....say it is the heads...does anyone have any or know where to get some cheap ones for a 98 v6...shes about to get a GT or something here soon so were trying to get the car squared away before we try to get rid of it..dont wanna sell someone else our problem. thanks guys

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its the gasket man, and that blue devil stuff will fix that too lol

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
defffinitly the head gasket
to check it the head is warped you need a straight edge long enough to go across the head. take a feeler gauge while the head is off the car run the SMALLEST gauge through if it goes through(thats not a water jacket, head bolt hole, chamber) then its warped
or if you can see day light
most likely its just the head gasket and a shop will charge balls high for it to
if you lived close i'd probably do the job for you for like $150
it does take a LONG time and the gaskets arent cheap

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i know how to check the cylinder head when its off i just cant do that right now haha ...imma try to check way first and see if this K&W gasket and block sealer works and if not then imma see about gettin the gaskets replaced...i know i should prob do that anyway but i dont have alot of money right now so yea...

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
blue devil man, its gaurenteed, autozone will have it behind the counter

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
what does the blue devil stuff do?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
seals anything really its pretty awesome

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
see if you can do it at school in your spare time, you are going to a two year auto tech school right??

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
damn lol
i'll keep that in mind, but i don't think our cars have much problems with head gaskets do they?
or at least yet i guess

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well this **** says its a double your money back permanent guarantee...but...i have to drain the system...take the thermostat out...flush the system with water...drain that....put in 3 quarts of water and the bottle the K&W and idle it for 20 mins....drain that.....let it dry for 12 hours....flush with water AGAIN....drain that ****....then put in the antifreeze/water....then hope like hell it works

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
well this **** says its a double your money back permanent guarantee...but...i have to drain the system...take the thermostat out...flush the system with water...drain that....put in 3 quarts of water and the bottle the K&W and idle it for 20 mins....drain that.....let it dry for 12 hours....flush with water AGAIN....drain that ****....then put in the antifreeze/water....then hope like hell it works
if it doesnt try the blue devil stuff its amazing

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hopefully the saga of bad luck with her car is over for a little bit...i spent all weekend draining and flushing draining and flushing and draining and drying and flushing and draining and flushing and draining to finally get to the end of the process of the K & W head gasket/block repair process....i took it out today to the skate park and wal mart...the car isnt overheating, no hesitation, no unusual amounts of smoke coming from the tailpipes,no leaks or anything so hopefully it is good to go! She needs her car back so i can get mine back so it better keep running good ha.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
hopefully the saga of bad luck with her car is over for a little bit...i spent all weekend draining and flushing draining and flushing and draining and drying and flushing and draining and flushing and draining to finally get to the end of the process of the K & W head gasket/block repair process....i took it out today to the skate park and wal mart...the car isnt overheating, no hesitation, no unusual amounts of smoke coming from the tailpipes,no leaks or anything so hopefully it is good to go! She needs her car back so i can get mine back so it better keep running good ha.
nice glad it worked

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
hurry up and sell it so she can get that GT and you guys are out from under that car

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea no **** dude...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts