Modded Mustang Forums banner

261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Have you seen the datalogs? Pretty crappy. Just because one hasn't failed doesn't make them good.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Not***
I've seen some of them. No ones car blew up.......... Yet.
Yeah a classic
Don't poke the bear..... Besides that's a hole story that was taken care of. Not my fault other people didn't like the other party involved.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
It's Shaun at AED. I know he's not a member here, but all this started because he couldn't type up an email to Jason, and ask wtf? Instead, he messaged a few of his customers, wanted to get back door sales of his own while at the same time trying to discredit a fellow enthusiast.

Don't think for a second I don't lurk some of the other forums. I know what's been said on SVT. I'm no dummy.
Lol yes, Shauns in the wrong. This is so ass backwards.

Regardless the customers should know. And actually Brendan wasn't AED tuned. He told me and him... That's it. Obviously his other buddies that don't steal tune files

Don't think for a second I don't think you lurk other forums. Doesn't bother me at all...

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Any way. I'm just a guy hoping this will all blow over.

You formulate your own opinion on this. It's your choice to do business with a company or not.

BTW some company's have done far worse.

·
Registered
597 Posts
As far as I am concerned the biggest issue going forward isn't who used files from whom, or who didn't post on a forum instead of letting someone do it for them, it is the guys with toons causing knock, and the ones that can't even log knock due to the calibration, and the ones that have knock senors just shutting down at RPM X. The longer they knock, the more chance of piston damage. There's nothing in place to notify these people about the potential damage, so the vast majority will just continue to drive their cars as-is. Not many will see this thread buried in this forum at all.

Oh and if any of the toons I looked at were based on anything Shaun does, I wouldn't want anything from him either. I really think they probably aren't, but I have no way to know that.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Too many people are lumping too many items of this situation together.

I haven't offered an opinion either way. But I still get lumped into "The mods were protecting him"!

Some people made it hard to enjoy a forum that you volunteer time to. As if my personal opinion on a matter will dictate my actions as a moderator.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Too many people are lumping too many items of this situation together.

I haven't offered an opinion either way. But I still get lumped into "The mods were protecting him"!

Some people made it hard to enjoy a forum that you volunteer time to. As if my personal opinion on a matter will dictate my actions as a moderator.
Me saying protecting is nothing against you. We talked through pm, and I agreed with you. Unless you were referring to someone else.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
As far as I am concerned the biggest issue going forward isn't who used files from whom, or who didn't post on a forum instead of letting someone do it for them, it is the guys with toons causing knock, and the ones that can't even log knock due to the calibration, and the ones that have knock senors just shutting down at RPM X. The longer they knock, the more chance of piston damage. There's nothing in place to notify these people about the potential damage, so the vast majority will just continue to drive their cars as-is. Not many will see this thread buried in this forum at all.

Oh and if any of the toons I looked at were based on anything Shaun does, I wouldn't want anything from him either. I really think they probably aren't, but I have no way to know that.
This.

Get tuning issues addressed, move on with life.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
beer night numero 2 with dsg. Who's in? And ford20, my avi was there last night. She's bringing her friends tonight too :eek:

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
beer night numero 2 with dsg. Who's in? And ford20, my avi was there last night. She's bringing her friends tonight too :eek:
already started bro where you been

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Maybe so. But look. It took me saying something to bring that out from another mod. Meanwhile there are others who have commented not here(this thread or even this forum) about the favoritism seen here and that is what is shown.

I've been on other forums where that exact phrase is used. "I am too close to this topic. I will be reaching out to allow another admin to take over, offer advice, etc. to keep from any possibility of favoritism."

There is never harm in saying that. That is one of the best comments to make in a situation like this where said mod showed support for the one favoritism appeared to be shown for.

You can never expect a mod to be fair when they show support in a situation like that. Sometimes they are, but let's be honest. Across most forums I've been on for all kinds of topics, that isn't usually the case.

No. Not maybe so. That's how it is. I'm telling you how I handle these things here, not giving you an opinion about something I had no part in. If you don't believe us, then you don't trust us, and us such this forum is not for you, because clearly nothing I can say to you will cause you to sway your opinion. You're bound and determined to make it look like things went a certain way here because a moderator was biased. The opposite is true. We're not obligated to tell forum members about all he conversations we have in the mod room about every situation that arises for a number of reasons. First and foremost because, as Smooth alluded to, nobody here is getting paid for this. So on top of dealing with a given situation, now we have to spend more time making sure any party interested is privy to all our discussions so that...what? What are you looking for? If you can't take my or our word for it, again, and I'm not saying this with silly internet bullshit attitude, I mean it, then you'll never believe us and this forum isn't for you. Not because I don't like you. But you don't trust us.

"There is never any harm in saying that", you infer.

But that is exactly what happened. There was no favouritism here. If you don't believe me, I don't know what to tell you. Just because you or others believe there was favouritism being shown doesn't make it true. It simply makes you wrong.

You wouldn't have to dig very hard to find people that used to moderate at this forum that were removed because of various issues. Not by some other people that I know. By me, in conjunction with input from my fellow admins and moderators. You can again choose not to 'believe' that, but that's where the conversation would end, because I'm not getting into a back and forth with you about things I directly had a hand in or pushed for as an administrator of this forum.

·
Boss 302
2,886 Posts
Had to think a few mins how to respond. This is all I have left to say concerning this.

I never meant to imply that your or your mod team is lying and that I now don't believe you.

I am simply stating how the facts appear. If you don't like that, so be it. Not my problem.

If your response to simple advice is to say "we are mods we do what we want" then how can you ever expect to improve.

If you want to never have the problem of people calling out your mods as biased, put your mods in charge of subsections they have no vested interest in. This works well on other sites. Bigger sites. On other topics(not cars) Mods don't know people. Don't play favorites, etc.

I don't see how you can have a mod in a thread mentioning who they are supporting in a subject and then turn around and show bias towards that person.

Maybe it wasn't bias. The problem is it will always look biased because they took sides in an argument they are trying to also moderate.

That is why I said to post and have outside mods step in.

This wasn't done, from our side, until the first thread was closed and issues arose in the second. At which point a mod steps in and says we can have the chat, but take it here.

Example. You get in a fight with another person. A cop comes and breaks up the fight. You are getting hand cuffed and at that time find out the cop is the other persons brother.

Regardless of if you are at fault. You are going to fight bias. Should the cop be unbiased? Sure. It is very hard to prove so.

Change perspective. You are an onlooker to the fight. Same situation. Who do you side with? More than likely every time the person who is getting arrested as family protects family.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
This is so exhausting. Ugh.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Then don't read it. I don't get it, people bitch about the thread, do yourself a favor and don't open it. Problem solved

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Then don't read it. I don't get it, people bitch about the thread, do yourself a favor and don't open it. Problem solved
I never bitched about the thread. I was referring to the entire situation-which for those of us who are HMP tuned- is exhausting. Trying to interpret the situation, datalog, review, revise, decide whether or not to reach out to another tuner or have faith in HMP. Its daunting.

I mean, u have seen my posts...it takes alot more than 13 pages to phase me.

So before you snap someone, consider thier position in the matter and the contex of the post. Some of us are concerned about the well being of our cars.

Thanks.

Alot.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Then switch tuners? I mean what else do you want. If you don't feel safe with your tune, why in the hell would you run it?

I feel for the customers, that sucks. I would not be happy at all.

Nor was I only referring to you.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
I've got all night baby!
Ask me anything!
Which has more power, love or fear?

As for the thread...

But yet you're mad that you posted this thread and not everyone views the situation in the same light as you? lol

I have no horse in this race, and here is my conclusion.

Shaun from AED is doing this:

Seriously, doing illegal ****, sharing said illegal **** with your customers, and said customers sharing that **** on the ****ing interwebz. Even beyond that, the guy is a ****ing vagina for how he's handled the situation. Is Mike in the right here? Not in my eyes, but Shaun and Mike are both people I would never give my business having read this thread and the SVTP ****.

As for Mike...

We can sit here and go over that on the business side of things, Mike may not have done anything wrong, but morally? What a dick. Way to kick a friend in the nuts just for your own success.

Then you have a mix of straight up nutswingers like OP

And you have a bunch of people that just came here because BB thread like

This whole thread just ****ing blows.

261 - 280 of 310 Posts