Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
obsessed
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at new exhausts set ups...none of which I can afford but I was thinking about starting to save up some cash for a new set of long tubes and an X-pipe to go with my Ford Racing mufflers I already have. I came across the JBA system on AM although they don't have any X-pipes. Does anyone have these or know anything about the quality? Any suggestions on what else to look into?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i know that on the 05-09's the JBA headers require some denting to clear the steering shaft. but once you do that, you void JBA's warranty lol. thought about MACs? really good quality and a decent price. AM doesn't sell MACs though. stage3motorsports.com has alot of good exhaust ****

·
Registered
254 Posts
After further research I found that a lot of people like the Kooks...are these any good?
Kooks Header and Catted X-pipe Combo (Manual 05-10 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!
Yes....Kooks headers are the best you can buy imo. I have them and installed myself, pretty straight forward just a little time consuming because you have to take the steering shaft out. I've had them on for about 5 months now with no problems, just re-tightened the bolts on em last week to ensure they stay leak free. They are full stainless and look great under the hood plus they have the most rwhp and tq gains out of all the headers out there. I got mine combined with the catted x-pipe but you can get it with no cats and in an h-pipe if thats your thing.

·
obsessed
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes....Kooks headers are the best you can buy imo. I have them and installed myself, pretty straight forward just a little time consuming because you have to take the steering shaft out. I've had them on for about 5 months now with no problems, just re-tightened the bolts on em last week to ensure they stay leak free. They are full stainless and look great under the hood plus they have the most rwhp and tq gains out of all the headers out there. I got mine combined with the catted x-pipe but you can get it with no cats and in an h-pipe if thats your thing.
What other mods do you have installed? That's the same setup I'd be looking to go with. How much rwhp amd torque did you gain?

·
Registered
57 Posts
get the pype axel backs IMHO, they're the best sounding and it's not expensive

·
obsessed
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get the pype axel backs IMHO, they're the best sounding and it's not expensive
yeah but i heard pypes are kind of low quality and tend to rust...I believe in the you get what you pay for saying. I'm willing to spend the extra money for a product that will last as long as my car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
no the quality of the Pypes are just fine, there now you heard that they're alright ;-)

·
obsessed
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no the quality of the Pypes are just fine, there now you heard that they're alright ;-)
HA!!! I think I will probably still end up going with the Kooks anyways. I've heard a lot of good things from other resources about them. I have time to save the money up anyways. My next two mods will likely be the tri-ax short throw and a new TB...that is if my CAI ever comes in haha. They say it will ship Monday!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
What other mods do you have installed? That's the same setup I'd be looking to go with. How much rwhp amd torque did you gain?
For other mods I have detroit rocker cams, charge motion deletes, steeda cai, udp's, magnapack catback and all held together with a brenspeed tune

·
Registered
254 Posts
oh, and I don't know the exact gains for the headers but with everything i went from stock to 340hp and 320tq at the wheels so quite a big gain with just bolt-ons considering most people dyno stock at about 270rwhp and close to 300tq

1 - 12 of 12 Posts