Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting nice bonus from work soon and i finally decided on getting a jeep as a second car... my question to you all is does anyone know some common problems that jeep has? I just want to be aware before i go out and testdrive a few.

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
What kind of jeep? What year?

Wranglers last for-****in-ever!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that would help haha... im looking at wranglers probably around 2001 or so but not really set on a specific year...

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
If you really want to know of known problems, check out the TSB and Recalls for the years you are looking at. That will tell you exactly what. I have an '03 and it is holding up pretty good. I have a slight tranny issue I think but other than that, everything else is awesome. The inline 6 is pretty tough. I really can't say anything bad about Jeeps. I mean they have their quarks just like any car....leaks here and there, odd little things, but nothing major. Well worth the money and they hold their value pretty damn well.

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
at the shop i work at, we get a lot of weird, stupid little problems. Like they way they run the tranny cooler lines right over and perpendicular to the power steering rack. if the tranny line pops out of the clip, it'll rub thru the power steering line on the rack and cause a leak. That was on an 05 grand cherokee with under 30K. Also noticed that Liberties go thru bushings on the front suspension pretty quick for some reason. Just a lot of stupid little things. Also they feel cheap to me.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
gotta get a lift kit and bigass mud tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.