Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was debating on just pulling a lower mile exploder motor and doing the swap, however, recently I have decided to just refresh my current motor with new rings, bearings and gaskets. Are the Federal Mogul or Sealed Power rebuild kits worth a crap? I am trying to do this on a small budget and I'm doing everything but the machine work myself. Thought's, concerns, opinions?

Edit: This motor won't see anything more than a 150 shot. Maybe a small cam and different top end setup. MAYBE, MAYBE it will see boost. But that depends on how long I plan on staying with the Windsor platform.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already am aware of all the factors he explained in that write-up. If I have to do a refresh the motor will go to the machine shop if things aren't hunky dory. Also, I will be ordering the premium rebuld kit that comes with a new oil pump, cam, crank and rod bearings as well as all the gaskets. When/if the pistons come out, in case of in-adequate compression, I'll measure the bore and I will use plasti-gauges to measure my bearing clearances for main and rod bearings.

Edit: also pretty sure the motor in my car already has forged pistons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts