Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today on the way to work i noticed that there was a wierd shaking coming from my car that didn't feel right. So I tried a bunch of different things to try and repeat it and the one thing that seems to work is when i have it at a low rpm and i got about 1/4 throttle, it shakes and jerks really bad and makes a kind of clunk noise.

Ex: In 4th gear at 20mph i push the gas a little and it starts jerking/shaking and clunking.

I looked over my engine and didnt notice anything out of place or anything. Could it be my clutch going bad? I've got almost 88k on it and as far as i know it's the factory clutch

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taking off in third or fourth just makes it shake even worse. I left my hiuse earlier and the cel popped up so I'm having my dad run it up to advanced to have them pull the code. Without knowing what code its throwing I'm leaning towards a bad coil. I'm gonna pick up an ohm meter tomorrow and test each coil. If I just have one bad coil can I replace just that one? Or should I replace them all

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the car to advanced and had them pull, the code for me. Turns out cylinder 5 isnt firing. I bought an ohm meter and a new COP and I'm going to replace it tomorrow morning. I have a few questions:

1) Cylinder 5 is the first cylinder on the front of the motor on the driver side, correct?

2) Could cylinder 5 not firing for a day or so have caused any other damage that i should be concerned about?

3) I've never used an ohm meter before, how exactly do i test the COP?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
1) Correct.

2) Negative, maybe a fouled up plug.

3) Excellent question, no idea.

4) Why are you stepping on it in 4th gear doing 20? Of course it will bog down! You would be at what, 1.2k rpm? If you were at a "cruising gear" at 20 3rd would still be a bit much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts