Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so a few of you know that i ordered the jlt ram air intake kit that keeps the shaker functional.

has any of you already got one ? and how was the install? I put mine in tonite and it was a bitch and a half.. the damn thing didnt want to fit in there.. its like the damn filter was 4 inches too long. I fukd around with everything wiggling this and that to make it fit. i didnt force anything thats not what im implying. but ide get the filter in and the coupling would pop off the throttle body .. it was a mess . and oh m y GAWD was the old filter ever dirty.. ill post pics up in a few minutes.. i was impressed.. i had a few june bugs stuck in my filter .. thats pathetic! they must have flown down the shaker lol. just goes to show you how far back you need to stand from those things :cool:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
old filter... pathetic

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
congrats on the intake, but clean your goddamn engine man its filthy looking lol, and thats how my old filter was, thats why for now i just replaced it with a K&N i know its not really much but i didnt feel like buying another paper filter, but def congrats on the intake, now get the rest of your exhaust on and tune the dang thing, your getting a dr.gas x pipe right

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup dr gas x pipe and xcal3

lol yeah my engine bay needs some work, but its almost pointless. i have about 1/4 mile driveway of gravel/dirt one trip up in the summer time and its toast. i get out of the car and there is a cloud of dust following me. even when i go slow i get to the top of the hill and i have to whipe the car down do to dust

oh and it kinda looks shitty on the shaker because we got snow today then rain and it turned into ice. . not to mention the stupid shaker is faded like mad..

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
yeah my friend has a driveway like that, but id still dust it off and polish it to resist rust, itll still get dirty but at least it will keep it from deteriorating, and good call on the mid pipe, its gonna sound nasty with those bassani muffs, and the xcals a good call to, your mach should be moving pretty good then

and i noticed the lid was dirty because of some sort of percipitation

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah .. sorta looks like water but indeed is ICE lol. my hands were fkn NUMB after the install i could barely shift the gears when testing it out.

it was 65 degrees yesterday and was in shorts.. today it snowed and broke the hoodie back out !

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
yea it snowed here yesterday to but now its really sunny out

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
yup dr gas x pipe and xcal3

lol yeah my engine bay needs some work, but its almost pointless. i have about 1/4 mile driveway of gravel/dirt one trip up in the summer time and its toast. i get out of the car and there is a cloud of dust following me. even when i go slow i get to the top of the hill and i have to whipe the car down do to dust

oh and it kinda looks shitty on the shaker because we got snow today then rain and it turned into ice. . not to mention the stupid shaker is faded like mad..
try living mile long driveway of dirt. We used to have gravel but it went away. I clean my car twice a week and my engine once a week.

and spray that shaker with some semi-gloss black and you wont have to worry about it anymore.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Could that putrid dirt covered filter be the factor in why you lost to a cobra?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could that putrid dirt covered filter be the factor in why you lost to a cobra?

nope. not at all.

the mach woulda handed his ass even with the bug inserts in the filter. that and i missed 3rd. but MGW short throw is installed now and i havent missed a gear since.

traction was my issue. go back to the thread about it and you'll see the full story.

·
Banned
848 Posts
nope. not at all.

the mach woulda handed his ass even with the bug inserts in the filter. that and i missed 3rd. but MGW short throw is installed now and i havent missed a gear since.

traction was my issue. go back to the thread about it and you'll see the full story.
Traction, Dirty filter, Missed a shift. Seems like all the negative forces were on your side that day. I hope you get a second chance, this time beating him:D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol yeah traction was my biggest issue, but even then i was beating him and missed third twice . well it was there but i think i didnt have the clutch in enough and was trying to cram it up there. guess my hand was faster than my foot! if not for that i would have got him by about half a car atleast. now hes got drag radials and wants to run again LOL and im still on my 'factory slicks' hahahah

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
car sounds good but put an exhaust clip up after the cars been driving and warmed up, sounds like it was at the cold idle which kills most of the badass sound, i know my car sounds alot different once its warmed up

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah it was cold, i just finally got mom to come out and do the camera so i took it while i had the chance!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts