Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I just got a JLT cai from AM last week. I only have one concern about it though and that thats that the pipe seems to rest on the coolant tube underneath it, obviously it makes the tube itself super hot. I tried to twist the whole thing up some but when I check to see clearance with the hood it was clear that the hood would end up hitting. Thanks for any feed back!

·
Registered
789 Posts
That's a weird one... can you post a pic of it so we can get a better idea what were looking at? Your positive the install was perfect and you didn't break anything?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ya didn't break anything on it, I know that for sure. I'll run down and try and take a picture.

Ok well after about a hundred times but I can't get the pictures to load on here. I'll keep trying, if anyone has suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
i have a JLT CAI and it touches the coolant as well... i adjusted and it rubs the hood a little bit! just get used to it i guess! I plan on fixing that this summer by having a s/c installed!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Mine rests on the coolant tube as well. I haven't had any issues as of yet, but doesn't look like there is a solution either.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks guys for all your posts.
Silverrider I'll be doing the same thing in the long run!

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
which JLT are you running? Not sure if that matters but I am running a JLT with stock MAF and I have had no issues as of yet, you have me rather concerned however...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pipe on mine rests about 1/3 inch above the coolant hose.
I'll have to try adjusting it and see if I can get the tube up some.

I did get a picture up but its in my album cause I couldn't get it to post on here.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have tried adjusting mine so many times only to fail. Either it rests on the rad hose or its to high that the hood won't close. I need to get some sort of wrap for the rad hose cause its way to hot for the intake to be resting on.

I'm not really worried about the air temp but rather worried about the hose melting the intake tube and causing a leak.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have tried adjusting mine so many times only to fail. Either it rests on the rad hose or its to high that the hood won't close. I need to get some sort of wrap for the rad hose cause its way to hot for the intake to be resting on.

I'm not really worried about the air temp but rather worried about the hose melting the intake tube and causing a leak.
I agree that was my concern with it too.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Your coolant tube is def. routed differently then mine. Yours seems to bend down before getting to the intake tube, mine goes right under. I will snap a picture tonight, and try to post it up here.

EDIT: Mine goes down and towards the drivers side, where yours goes down towards the passenger side. Very strange.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts