Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
c&l is my recomendation. i think jlt is the most overated, worse fitting, cheapest POS out on the market. i have worked with a couple of them and hated everyone i have worked with.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Sweet you saw my heat shield for crying out loud. Buy C&L and don't look back. If you go for a JLT at least look for a C&L heat shield because the JLT doesn't fit for ****.

·
Registered
656 Posts
jlt fenderwell kits are a bitch to put together and put on. id go with the c&l.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Why do most of you complain about the fitting? The heat shield happens to fit perfectly fine! And the numbers and gains are respectable. If you ask me, it seems like some of you may have been either impatient or unwilling to make it fit. My RAi doesn't rub nor have i had a "fitment issue". Its up to you.:yes

·
Registered
600 Posts
Why do most of you complain about the fitting? The heat shield happens to fit perfectly fine! And the numbers and gains are respectable. If you ask me, it seems like some of you may have been either impatient or unwilling to make it fit. My RAi doesn't rub nor have i had a "fitment issue". Its up to you.:yes
Its not really a fitment issue other than the ram air tube not wanting to stay in the heat shield. The heat shield is a plastic POS that looks like they cut the hole in it with a steak knife. The quality of the heat shield isnt even respectable.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Its not really a fitment issue other than the ram air tube not wanting to stay in the heat shield. The heat shield is a plastic POS that looks like they cut the hole in it with a steak knife. The quality of the heat shield isnt even respectable.

The quality CUT in the heat shield i can understand, but have you asked for a new one? I complained and recieved one with a tight fit and haven't had a problem since. The ram air tube doesnt dislocate or come loose like before. Overall the gains with this unit were definitely noticeable. I can't comment on the C&L because i don't own one.

·
Registered
722 Posts
it's realy all preference. one of thoe things you're just gonna have to deide foryourself.my jlt fits tight and I didn't have a hard time installing it. I dunno why everyone else did?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
personal preference is for sure. the fitment on all the ones i have messed with were horrible, but thats just the ones i have ran into. maybe mach boy has a pic of his jlt set up, i think i could of done better with paperboard and ac ducting. the c&L is aluminum not any steel type of material. any material will get some sort of heat soak, it is how well it can dissapate the heat and insulate the incoming air that makes the differences. jlt has a great set up, just has issues with overall fitment and quality in my opinion. my iat's with my c&l are comparable to the jlt, i have checked and data logged it myself. initial heat, the jlt is better, but once air is moving thru the c&l the temps come down quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts