Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be my first mod I need help deciding which would give me most gains for my money with a tuner included of course :) any help would be nice. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Most will say go with c&l or the jlt, both will give about the same gains.

I've got the jlt and love it! Totally different beast with the cai and tune

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm. Thanks fellas. And I have read alot of good thing about VMP tuning. But i was thinking the unlimited tunes for Bama on AM. They are good too right? Also, how would the CAI make an after market exhaust sound, lets say some SLP Loudmouths ^^?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Go with the Xcal3 + C&L Racer from VMP Tuning.

The CAI will make the exhaust a little bit louder. Personally, I'm not a fan of the SLP LMs. Do you already have the or are you thinking of purchasing them??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooooooo its the beast Nasty in the house. lol anyway I am currently thinking of purchasing them. I want an exhaust that is deep and aggressive. Easy on the idle and animal on the pedal. Unless of course you have something better in mind?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw one of other Nasty's post (i think) and he said that the Cai produce about 10rwhp and 15 rwhp from the tuner.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
I saw one of other Nasty's post (i think) and he said that the Cai produce about 10rwhp and 15 rwhp from the tuner.
That's speculation though. There's no real way to know what a CAI can do if you don't tune for the increased MAF size. It's probably close to the truth though. If you were to get a CAI and ask a tuner to write a tune as close to stock as possible, it'd probably be pretty close.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Is. There really a different in Cai or is it the tuner that makes the diffrence
Yes.

Probably. I think you should expect 10-15 rwhp out of the tune and another 10-15 rwhp out of the CAI when paired together.

That's speculation though. There's no real way to know what a CAI can do if you don't tune for the increased MAF size. It's probably close to the truth though. If you were to get a CAI and ask a tuner to write a tune as close to stock as possible, it'd probably be pretty close.
When I said that I meant when they are paired together.

If you're increasing the MAF housing size than you must tune for it anyways.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would axle back exhaust free some hp? Also, whats some deep aggressive sounding mufflers that would turn heads besides SLP LM?

·
Registered
623 Posts
The Steeda CAI with the high fow inlet and the SCT X3 make great power also. I would put them up against any of the above.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
would axle back exhaust free some hp? Also, whats some deep aggressive sounding mufflers that would turn heads besides SLP LM?
Axle backs wont free up any HP. The KR muflers and the Roush extreme catback system are very nice aggressive sounding exhausts. Ive had both the Roush on my o7 gt and the KR's on my 500 and they sound great.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
No, it won't. I would run the Magnaflow Magnapacks. If you combine them with a O/R X Pipe it will be a even better sounding set-up.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm not going to even bother with an o/r x-pipe i'm just gonna go straight to headers, x-pipe, and some type of axle back to get rid of these gay glasspacks. There is one way to tell if a cai helped out. Tune the car before get a baseline with just a tune then add the cai. That would be the closest way i can think of to tell the gains. you might look into a cooler thermostat to decrease engine temps to help keep your car consistant.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Take a look at the pypes pype bomb axle back. I got a set new from eBay for $245 shipped. I absolutely love it, its pretty damn quite at idle while inside the car, at idle standing outside the car it has a deep steady growl, and then when you get on the gas it roars. I had slp loudmouth 2's on my 02 gt, these pypes are quieter inside and louder outside. One of my friends was following the me the other day, and she told me she thinks my car made hers vibrate a little when i took off from a red light. Keep in mind im %100 stock except the axle back.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have the pypes mid muffler cat back and it awsome quiet idle loud at WOT

1 - 20 of 26 Posts