Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a JLT intake but isnt bad that you have to take off the strut bar or brace, will it hurt anything.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So will i notice any increase, and what is the point of the bar if people just take it off anyways.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
it's to stiffen your chassis but I doubt you will feel a noticable difference if you had the stock one on there.

if your stock you will feel a minor increase with the JLT .. more so than other intakes but the gains are minimal as expected.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
screw the strut tower brace. get the JLT...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well as long as removing the strut bar wont hurt anything then i think im goin to get the JLT.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And 98musclestang how does your car run with the PI swap, and how much would i be looking at do it.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
it won't hurt to remove it. if it made that much difference, Ford would've left them on the New Edge stangs...
just get some SFC's...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It says you have to drill a hole for the IAT sensor, where do i drill the hole.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
mine got drilled on the spot, since JLT is local for me lol. it's drilled in the bottom of the first section of the intake tube. then, a rubber grommet is installed for you to install the IAT sensor...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
And 98musclestang how does your car run with the PI swap, and how much would i be looking at do it.
It runs very well. It runs like a car that came from the factory like this. It throws your head back wwwwaaaayyy harder than before the swap.

As far as cost. It could cost you, but if you are lucky/thrifty like me you can get it done cheap. All of my parts were brand new in the box for $800. My uncle-in-law is a Ford master mechanic and he did it for me for $400. I was in college and about to get married when I did it or I would have done a more serious build. But I am extremely happy with my car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts