Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which one would be the better choice for nice hard (but not TOO hard) shift and better tranny internals. Also what all is required for the install (NO im not doing it myself just curios) and what does an install normally run?

Im looking at:

complete valve body
VAP Auto - J-Mod Kits

shift improver kit
B&M 40266 - B&M Shift Improver Kits - summitracing.com

and yes i already posted this in the right section and i have gotten no answer yet so dont move it plz.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
both get the jmod valve body and use the internals in the B&M kit

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought the j-mod already had better internals.....no? I need to do a tranny flush, so id like to know which is better and why.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The link says that the complete valve body come with the separator plates and gaskets....i thought thats what the BM one was....just the gaskets.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
oh then yeah youd be good to go might wanna upgrade bearings and springs which I think come with B&M still

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats something ill ask about, but it seems as this is a complete swap since it require a core....i can only assume it upgrades EVERYTHING.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah ask about the bearings and such

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just talked to Steven from VAP, and he said the complete valve body come with everything, separator plates, gaskets, springs, solenoids...complete direct bolt up.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I just talked to Steven from VAP, and he said the complete valve body come with everything, separator plates, gaskets, springs, solenoids...complete direct bolt up.
oh than your good to go

1 - 16 of 16 Posts