Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed some weird blue powdery junk around the negative connection to my battery, but have no idea what it is o_O....I haven't noticed any problems at all with the car since buying it almost a year ago. Nothing electronically, mechanically, anything.....just weird blue stuff all of a sudden. o_O

Thoughts? Maybe there's a clan of smurfs living under the hood....

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's called Corrosion. You can do 2 things, Pour coke on the terminal and it will eat the corrosion off or you can get a wire brush and use that. You can also go to your parts store and get terminal pads. The are supposed to help corrosion but i haven't had any luck with them. Good luck

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah its just corrosion. For a small amount vinegar works or if its alot use baking soda with water and some rags.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh super cool, I do love me some corrosion. Will any soft drink serve the purpose pretty well? Since I don't have to drive for about another 6 hours later tonight, I may go do that real fast. Reps for the help

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hrmmm, I don't have any coke because I don't drink it just for that reason.....I may try some Dr. Pepper >_>

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dr. Pepper did the trick, and it's pretty much all gone. I'll be replacing the battery relatively soon anyway, when I hit 70k miles, just cause I'm not sure when this one was put in. I gave out some reps to you all for the advice! Thanks again

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Anything acidic will eat the corrosion away. Put a dab of grease on top of the battery and stick a penny in it and it'll stop the terminals from corroding.

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
Whenever that happend to me I just use baking soda and water then clean it up nice, and put a little bit of greese to make sure it doesn't happen again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts