Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i usually stay over in the 5.0 forum but its really dead right now and there was somethings i was wondering about you guys cars.....

first how much horsepower in general can your the 4.6 block hold up to and how much can the rotating assembly hold up to....

also can you put a 4 valve head on a regular gt that came with 2 valve heads

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is any of the rotating assembly forged????

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
:welcome dudes right we come with 260 crack stock if you were wondering and if you forge our rotating asembly we can hit about 1100 with out problems and you can but there are otherthings you need to do cause the 4 valves are dohc and 2vs are sohc

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
is any of the rotating assembly forged????
i dont think they are also on the block thing in 99 and 2000 we were windsor blocks in 01 they are romeos and i have heard windsor holds more

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guys.....just wondering about these few little things....one of my friends is actually considering lookin at a mustang and if he gets one it will probly be 99-04......what year would you guys recommend.....hes actually considering a cobra so he can go ahead and have the 4 valve but of course they are gonna be more expensive.....

how much mpg do you guys usually get with a mostly stock car with stock gears on the highway and in town compared to after a set of 4.10 on highway and in town

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
well ive been about 13 or 14 intown 20 to 22 on the hyway ive heard 410s are about 11 or 12 in town and 18 to 20 hyway but the cobras are nice he can ger a good 99 00 01 for about 10 g's

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are 4.10s pretty much the common choice or do a lot of you guys use 3.73s......

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i figured yall did a lot better than that on mileage....im doin about 28 highway and 17 or 18 in town in my mostly stock 5.0

·
Registered
638 Posts
are 4.10s pretty much the common choice or do a lot of you guys use 3.73s......
the majority of us have 373's but 410 are pretty popular. it all depends on the setup.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where the gas mileage numbers that sgrcltpunk was tlkin about pretty accurate???

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was just gona bump this back up to the top so maybe itll still be around in the mornin when people get back on......any other facts or advice or lil tips anyone wants to leave on here is cool.... i dont know a whole lot about the mod cars.....thanx

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
No the mileage is off. You will get better mileage in town and worse on the highway with 4.10's. Also a side note on blocks, the early cobras up to 98-99 where teksid aluminum blocks that will hold about 1000, then the Windsor Aluminum Plant started making the DOHC aluminum blocks and the WAP blocks only hold about 600. Cast Iron blocks in the gt's and 03-04 cobras, and aluminum blocks in the pre 03 cobras and 03-04 Mach 1's.

*fixed*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts