Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does a Techco supercharger weigh......and how much does a saleen blower weigh and how much does a whipple weigh and how much does a edelbrock weigh?

Just wondering. Discuss.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Would you make up your mind Navy.....lol

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
^ he has been making threads about it for over two years now...i estimate he will be blown in about 2 more years

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
How much does a Techco supercharger weigh......and how much does a saleen blower weigh and how much does a whipple weigh and how much does a edelbrock weigh?

Just wondering. Discuss.
If you install a TechCo, you will go bankrupt. :D

All the others weigh around 100-115 all-in I would guesstimate....add 16 pounds for intercooler fluid at 8 lbs a gallon (The weight of water).

My Roush TVS entire kit came in 3 boxes...

Going from memory, but weight of boxes were roughly 45, 30, and 27 lbs.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I think there all going to be quite close in weight. I would think that I wouldn't base a choice between S/C's with the weight difference being a factor unless it was a significant difference.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
If you install a TechCo, you will go bankrupt. :D

All the others weigh around 100-115 all-in I would guesstimate....add 16 pounds for intercooler fluid at 8 lbs a gallon (The weight of water).

My Roush TVS entire kit came in 3 boxes...

Going from memory, but weight of boxes were roughly 45, 30, and 27 lbs.
also have to consider the weight taken off the car to install the blower and its components

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This thread actually has nothing to do with me.....my friends and I were discussing the most effective supercharger at 10LBS of boost. Pretty much the least ammount of weight for the most rwhp.

I would get a techco for the bullitt if I was going twinscrew. Like this car:

And the reason it is taking me so long is I buy guns that I might not be able to get in a few years......or next month :D (I've spent about $6,000 in weapons and ammo in the last 6 months.....that would be a 480rwhp car by now if I wanted.....but I like my second amendment rights)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sort of off topic, but I could swear I read on the board somewhat recently that Techco went out of business. Am I confusing them with someother company?

I would think the weight difference would be negligible between the blowers in a real world scenario (+ or - a few pounds). However it sounds like you are bench racing...it can make all the difference there. :D

So more on topic, isn't the base blower the exact same on the Edlebrock vs the Roush TVS vs the Techco? (Eaton twin screw?) So would just the different parts (manifolds, intercoolers, etc) cause the weight difference?

Now totally off topic...what kind of guns are you picking up? Why won't you be able to get them later? Is it a local/state law, or is there something federal going on? Do you know something I don't? I keep kicking around an AR15, should I go get it now?

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Now totally off topic...what kind of guns are you picking up? Why won't you be able to get them later? Is it a local/state law, or is there something federal going on? Do you know something I don't? I keep kicking around an AR15, should I go get it now?
I am buying lots of AR type rifles.....ammo.....pistols.....high cap mags.....ammo......hk's......ammo.....pretty much alot of ****.

And if you have money waiting for a purchase I would make it now.....not playing into the ban scare, but IMO If I have it, they can't take it.

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$6000 in guns? small penis much?
Dude......I'm in the military......a cop....and an expert marksman......and I have grown up around guns and fast cars my whole life. I can get a supercharger in the next year no problem. But a bushmaster m4 a3 with 6, 30 round mags...........maybe not.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Dude......I'm in the military......a cop....and an expert marksman......and I have grown up around guns and fast cars my whole life. I can get a supercharger in the next year no problem. But a bushmaster m4 a3 with 6, 30 round mags...........maybe not.
Get as much ammo as you can!:yes

1 - 20 of 50 Posts