Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so yesterday my little brother and I were driving to the phillies when I was like 10 mins from my house I heard like a pop and a loud noise. I think the exhaust manifold cracked, because it sounds like a wicked harley at idle, and a wicked cammed dragster. ahhaha, so I drove it home and could tell that it lost some compression in it. I called my dad and he said its probably an exhaust leak. So I think its time for some headers and some bigger valves and possibly cams :D . So yeah downside it probably won't get done till like two or three weeks from now :( . So I have to get my dad to call his friend up who owns a machine shop and hopefully get hooked up.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Have you looked at the car to be able to tell for sure what it was or are you just guessing?

Could have been the POS Gasket on the passanger side exhaust manifold. the one that goes to the midpipe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we haven't looked at it yet but um that's my guess, my dads, and a friend of mine. But when my dad comes home hopefully its still light out I want to take the front passenger tire off to get a better view under there and see what happened. I started it today for my friend and was like jesus christ thats loud, P.s. you can also smell i guess its fuel or oil too when it runs. Ill you updated when i find out more too

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
You Shouldn't Smell Fuel or Oil from an Exhaust leak you might have more issues then you think.Check it out and post up when you figure out what it is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey so the problem was that my sparkplug in the back right of the engine blew out completely, like it was still attached to the wire hahaha. so not as bad as i thought.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
LOL,I had thought about that but you sounded likeyou were for sure it was the manifold.Anyway Looks like its time to run to the parts store and get a Heli Coil kit!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i need new wires too, the wire it was hooked on to is pretty rough. my dad wants to make sure that the threads aren't stripped on it either. so ill keep uppdating

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
yeah, i need new wires too, the wire it was hooked on to is pretty rough. my dad wants to make sure that the threads aren't stripped on it either. so ill keep uppdating
Threads are stripped Hence the Reason it Flew out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts